Posts by Chizzler

I had the 399 done by the same guy who did my 222. I give him all of my old tube stuff to go through even if it's just for safety reasons. I don't want to have to explain to my insurance company that a 50 year old amp burnt my house down. Lol. Right now that 222 is running a set of Sota time domain 4 speakers. Very efficient great sounding speaker. Sota is known for their turntables but they made some great speakers for a few years. They're solid oak cabinets, no cheesy...
No doubt, the 222 is an amazing little amp. I bought some good speakers, a decent Music Hall turntable (mmf-7), and good cables. In fact, the only thing I refuse to take out of my system is that amp. I've tried all my other old tube amps (Fisher 400, LK-72, Scott 399, modded Dynaco pre with Luxman SS amps, and a few different SS Marantz') and the 222 blows them all away in my opinion. Most people who listen to my setup can't believe that 13wpc could sound so good. The only...
I'm here, I'm here, geez... Well, I really haven't been listening to headphones. I've moved on to the dark side. Speakers! But here's my thoughts on the different amps for the K1000's. We're talking about old equipment that could have been through who knows what, so take this for what it's worth. The Fisher, in my opinion, stinks. It has almost zero high end compared to the Scott amps. I've been using that same 222b with speakers for over a year now and I still...
Hey, what can I say? I HATE getting stiffed on ebay! Lol!
Hey Folks, I just posted my AKG K1000's on ebay if anyone's interested. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Hey folks, I just posted my Total Airhead amp on ebay if anyone's interested. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
I've used a few different vintage tube amps with my K1000's. A lot of people raved about the Fisher 400 with them but even though they did sound very good it seemed as though the Fisher lacked the power to get them to their full potential. I believe the Fisher is rated at 25wpc. I also tried it with my HH Scott 222-b amp which sounded better to me but again lacked the power to drive them to their fullest. I bought myself another old HH Scott LK72 tube amp that's rated at...
I ride my bike eveywhere all the time. It IS my car. While I do own a car my bike sees far more miles. I also live on Long Island which isn't known for being unpopulated. Sorry, but I find it more than irritating that people feel the need to tell someone else that they're going to get hurt or that bikes are dangerous. I know more people that have gotten killed in cars than on bikes but you never here that they're dangerous. Sorry, I don't mean to start a flame war, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Swampwalker Chizzler- Not meaning to be critical, but you may be hearing the limitations of your sources. Very high end tranducers (speakers, cans, TVs) are frequently ruthlessly revealing of limitations on the input. Try a high end CDP and you will not believe your ears!!! I have a real good CD player. It's a Panasonic DVD RP-91. New a couple of years ago they sold for $800. It's a great unit and has lots of...
Quote: Originally Posted by lan Agreed. They are brutal headphones. Anything wrong upstream and it starts crying like a baby. "drive my nuts" I really hope not You mean "drive me nuts" Hahahaha! I can't believe I wrote that LOL!!!