Posts by gerbi

The Hd600 are really nice. I bought a pair hd535 in 1992 in NY and they lasted 10 years of travelling around the world until they fell apart but they gave me many hours of happy listening. I have to say that for full size I now have a pair of Audio Techica Ath ad900.What bike did you get?
Well guys, I think I finally found the perfect earphones for me...at least for now! I've only been able to test them on a few songs, but from a first impression I like the signature sound, nice tight bass, not too boomy, and the trebles are quite detailed without sounding too bright, just what I was looking for. Now it fun time trying to find the most comfortable tips. At the moment the medium grey silicon seems to be the best fit and the most comfortable. I'm not sure...
Thank you Dweaver. I chose them as well because they are available here in Australia through an official dealer, just in case something goes wrong. The Monster will be available sometime in November but I didn't want to wait until then. I should get the W3 in the morning, can't see myself doing much at work tomorrow
Just ordered the W3. Thanks to everyone for your input and feedback. I will update the post with a first impression as soon as I receive them. Keep your fingers crossed for me
  Well, I think that's what I might go for. And if even these don't cut it for me I think I might give up music for a couple of years  
Do you think I would also be pleased with the W3?
I see your point and I can agree as at the end of my two hours listening last night I did experience a bit of fatigue, but in saying that I enjoyed rediscovering details in tracks I have not listen to in a while. I bought the AD900 a few years ago in Japan and I also have a pair of the EW9 (so that I don't bother the wife with the music when she's around!). I cannot sell them either as she actually bought them for me for my birthday! I found that I can retrain my hearing...
  You're not wrong! The options are growing but it's the price to pay when you need opinions from a vast number of people. I might have to follow the majority at end. At the moment I'm watching soccer and listening to music with my Audio Technica ATH-AD900 and I'm thinking that it's the sound i want but in an earphone...or as close as I can get. I can't listen to music with a full size headphone during the Australian Summer. Now it's still winter and I can get away with it  
Why wouldn't you buy anything from Monster?  
What can you tell me about them? I noticed you're from Perth too, where did you buy them?