Posts by 0roo0roo

Nice review, but the thing is all those cx type headphones aren't really iems, they fit on the outer part of the ear more like a regular bud, with the silicon wedged for the seal.  Thats why they are made so shallow, you aren't supposed to jam them in deep.  Generally you should use a larger silicon piece that you think because it isn't supposed to go inside that far.
Quote: Originally Posted by shigzeo I guess I want to turn this comment to the original headphones. How many in this thread have actually heard the Fatality headphones, but make no tip-toed forward sneak attack in bashing them. I wouldn't mind if everyone had heard them and bashed them - only if they were not head-fiers who own the penchant for hating anything mainstream. That isn't the case though. Perhaps for gaming, this headphone is great. I have not...
i wonder, has anyone ever tried replacing the pads on these?
20 dollars after 30 dollar rebate at frys today still open..some still have stock
Quote: Originally Posted by Helmore I also heard that there were fake models of th CX300 around, could they have altered people's opinions on these phones somewhat? If that's true though and goes unnoticed by most. its an issue for all models these days. fakeheadphones.com though knowledge of fakes has also spread to the point where people tend to ask whether somethings fake if theres a hot deal in slickdeals or fatwallet on headphones. and...
they are certainly talking of the first version. the first version sold bundles esp when discounted heavily near the end so the vast majority of talk was about that model. not many have the mkII's yet. and yes reviews are scarce. hm just noticed that "Innovative holding system (Twist-to-fit system) ensures best possible fit" i don't buy it, the reduced grip area makes them harder to hold with the fingers to begin with. if they are finger grips they are built for baby...
more likely is constant movement from working out led to stress failure of connections.
yea its hard to describe this stuff:P shame we don't have objective tests more for audio equipment. impressions depend on context and comparison i guess. the cx200's flaws were mostly noticeable when i did quick switching between the two headphones. its not horrible. but the difference in bass level is the thing that jumps out at you. depending on your tastes or budget the 200 can be acceptable. still the voice clarity on the 300 is better. the emphasis is different...
Comparing the two the cx200 certainly has more bass, but its of the thuddy mud type. the cx300 mk II does seem to be an improved cx300, voice clarity is very good now, so listening to music on it is pretty nice. the cx300 original model is somewhere between the two. build quality is good as always, and the cords now are thick and round instead of thin and flat like the cx300. the 200 has a sliding clip on the cord for holding one ear bud if you are monitoring with a...
Quote: Originally Posted by lon420 ^ look harder lol. Interesting. On the subject of fake Sonys, the MDR-EX90's I got on eBay a while back sounded like absolute ****. They lOOKED really good, though... amazing how counter fitters in China can replicate the original article so well. Or, in the more unlikely case, they COULD be real, but I highly doubt it. Anyway, those EX700s also look like a good example. ok found more, i was looking for too...