Posts by D_4_Dog

you do realize "-philiac" implies that his affection for audio is abnormal right =P   Anyways, i suspect you uncle already knows what kindda sound he likes if he's dabbled in speakers in a while. i'd say get him to grab his portable player of choice, whether that be his ipod/phone/whatever, and try a few of them out. It WILL matter because different players have different "driving abilities". Also, different headphones have different "driving requirements" so it's...
Maybe. But i couldn't actually zoom in on the pic on that page to get a good look at the connectors to make sure they're gonna work. Oh well if my current cable fails i'll try this one next i guess.
Are you looking for an iDevice cable for use with your CIEM? Are you sick of having to fumble through your pocket for your iDevice trying to pause or rewind your music? What if i told this is no longer necessary? Introducing the new IE80i frankenstein cable   (ha... kidding guys... it's 3am and there's nothing but infomercials on TV)   ANYWAYS... the thing is. I've been wanting a 3-button mic-cable that is 1) iphone compatible and 2) looks decent/non-bulky and 3)...
Get a top-of-the line custom IEM of your choice then do what i did: reterminate a a mic cable to suit whatever it is that you picked.   for example, this is what i'm using now: JH16a <= cable from sennheiser IE80i with westone plugs <= iphone all 3 buttons as well as the mic work great, and the color of the cable blends in with the translucent black of my JH16 brilliantly   couldn't be happier!   dunno why nobody in head-fi has mentioned this before
very VERY late reply as i just stumbled across this thread but i believe this is: Arisen Flame - If I Let You Go (Original Mix)
see below... forgot to quote original, sorry
@goofyvic: i've got the Ed 8 limited as well as ed. romeo. Personally i like the sound of the limited edition a little better: the bass has a bit more punch and the highs aren't as fatiguing. mind you the difference is quite small and could also be due to the fact that my ed. romeo is newer and thus hasn't finished burning in yet. Only time will tell i guess. However, looking at your collection of headphones i suspect you may find the highs slightly fatiguing. Having...
  hm... how should we put this.... i ended up owning all of them...... your observations mirrors mine. For the longest time i've held off trying amarra but all this talk of "special sause" got me curious. Finally downloaded the demo last night and despite the software UI, i have to say there IS indeed a more organic feel to Amarra. Needless to say that "Buy Now" button was clicked on fairly shortly after (15% off... how could one resist ) Do i regret buying other...
well some LODs have the caps installed within the acutal 30 pin connectors themselves so i don't see how this would be more fragile than your usual LODs if made properly. Having said that i've had a 4G myself for years.
1) iMod from ALO is definitely legit as they're the ones who started doin this at the beginning. 2) 4G iMod was the first to be modded. 5G was introduced later, apparently due to stock running low on the 4Gs. 3) Main difference between the 2 is where the caps are soldered. In the 4G, it's placed internally (ie dac => caps => HP out, and that's why you lose the HP out as this is where the line-out is now directed. this is also the reason why the bottom doc no longer...