Posts by cat6man

usps tracking says they received mine on January 31, so hopefully I'll have mine this week.  in balanced mode, the v2+ inf was fabulous.  i listened to it the entire trip from NY to Washington on amtrak and never tired of the music. as they say (or should) "too much of a good thing is wonderful" can't wait.
Thanks to the organizers for putting on this show!   I was only there on Saturday, but had a fine time.  I was lucky enough to get a time slot with the Smyth A-16 which is really fascinating and a bargain for the spatial presentation it can create.  It was just excellent for movies, etc.  I would have liked to see what it can do with 2 channel studio music and 2 channel live concert recordings since that is the vast majority of my listening. This has tremendous...
anyone else had problems pre-registering today? i really don't want to wait to register on saturday     never mind.........for some reason firefox just couldn't work, but chrome would. go figure   see you saturday at 10am (9:30 bus into port authority)
@doctorjazz   any updates on its impact on sound?
cat6man|XL|1
long time user but i haven't been following the thread in a while.   i'm getting a google pixel xl (on back order, waiting til Feb) which has a usb C connector. i assume that a usb C to usb micro converter will let me plug the phone into my GeekOut v2+ and use UAPP without any problems.   anyone tested this yet?
 do you have a link?i didn't see the d1-four on the totaldac website.merci
 thanks.doubling the # ladders doubles the voltage, so that would gain 6dB.on the other hand, with 3 ladders all on one side of a channel, you would have to go single ended into a pre-amp, and have the pre-amp do the conversion to balanced.i would hope (i'm not an expert) that a top line preamp could deal with the 6dB drop from the twelve's output, but who knows.it's just very exciting to see the reports of sound from the twelve with no output stage compared to with the...
hi arnaud, were you running the d1-dual in balanced mode previously?and are you also running the six balanced?since the six no longer has differential dacs across a channel, in wonder if something was lost in balanced mode. also, i know that there is a new improved output stage, and that this is necessary to drive amplifiers directly.with only 3 dac/channel in the six, i wonder if vincent could also run the six without an output stage (like the twelve) for users who are...
i decided to upgrade to a v2+ infinity and got it this past weekend. the sound out of the balanced output is phenomenal with JH13prov2 iem. i compared to single ended output using a short trrs-trs adapter cable and the balanced output simply outclasses the single ended output   this is my new travel system........now i need a business trip to check it out some more :)   this is a winner, now that it is FINALLY here.   i empathize with the frustrations of the long...