or Connect

Posts by cat6man

I use a 5 cell AA battery holder, which gets closer to the optimal 7V recommendation (and helps the uRendu stay cool by not having to drop the additional 2v)
though i bought the v2+ as my main traveling kit w/ balanced JH13proV2 iem + silver dragon v2 wiring, today i brought my cheap(er) re-400 home from the gym today to see how they fared. normally i use the re-400 in the gym directly from my moto XPE phone, and they are certainly adequate. however, with the v2+ (and UAPP) in the chain, holy *$% batman! the re-400 are much more capable and refined than i ever knew, even with single ended drive.   as an example, playing...
absolutely agree that the v2A is a big improvement over the v2, both in packaging and sound. it is now in the v.9 version of my car music server.   3TB hard drive ==> Sonore Sonic Orbiter SE ==> geekout v2A ==> aux in of car stereo, control via squeezer app on android phone connected to TP-Link wr802N nano wifi router which also acts as dhcp server.   pix attached, schematic to follow             
 haven't done it yet, but i plan to test that in my car music server system (5vdc derived from car 12v) too bad my car setup is not balanced as the balanced sound is really nice. worth the wait (assuming you had something else to play with in the interim, which i did)
 just to clarify, i have a totaldac d1-dual and i do not consider it 'warm'..............my feeling is that it is not 'harsh' or 'too bright' and therefore does not need to be 'tamed'
 short update:i have the GO2A working with a Sonore Sonic Orbiter SE for my car music server system.i previously had the GO2 with an odroid u3 micro-pc running a squeezebox servier and squeezelite player.i decided to replace this with the Sonic Orbiter SE for simplicity (i.e. don't have to deal with linux updates, etc).last step is to add a micro-wifi-router later today and put the whole thing back in my car's glovebox, which i have wired with 2 5V usb connections. some...
 an r2r dac is a perfect match for sr009, in my opinion.
  thank you so much for your selfless efforts here!
got mine yesterday in the mail, but didn't have time to play before i had to go somewhere. today, i plugged it into my linux pc with my old etymotic er4p and, voila, music.   i'm burning it in now, as i have somewhere else to go. eventually, this one goes in my 2TB car music server.
@larry   any update on when cases will be available and when upgrade to GO V2A will begin to be shipped?