Posts by cat6man

I could not live with the upsampling DAC's either because of the digititus. The problem with stats is that they are so transparent and revealing of all the up stream gear so poor recording or a highly lit up DAC will be immediately noticeable. Personally I went through a number of DAC's and ended up with a NOS DAC too for use with the 007MK1. The upsampling/oversampling versions I tried just sounded mechanical and artificial. I think if you are prepared to spend huge sums...
What if I don't plan to use this with headphones at all but as line out into aux-input of my car stereo?   Any recommendations on which output to use and how to set volume? I plan to use the analog volume control on my car stereo, so I just need STABLE volume settings from the media server (Squeezelite will have fixed, 100% volume) and the GO.  I can set the input sensitivity of the aux-in of the car stereo to match other inputs (XM, FM, etc).   Thoughts?
 Fool proof update to above: 1) Unplug headphones from the GO2) Wait for firmware update that fixes volume problem/confusion3) Enjoy GO caveat: easy for me to say, i won't get my GO for another couple of weeks :)
 according to the NYT this morning, mfr cost of Beats is as low as $16 (cheapest model i assume)
and the WSJ article on line says that this is apple's move to complement current lower-fi earbuds with (sit down, prepare yourself) 'high-end headphones'   snobs'r'us
price reduced again
SOLD
 Hi there, Can you share more on the parenthetical "icing on the cake" part please? I'm currently down the rabbit hole, looking up, and optimizing my streamer==>DAC==>BHSE==>009 system, with psvane and stock tubes.I have 'meh' cables right now (belkin usb, low end audioquest balanced interconnects) and just took the PSAudio power conditioner out of the loop to get back to a baseline.
Since I'm still weeks away from getting my GO450, can anyone with a GO answer the following?   How sensitive is the GO to the source?     I plan to use it with my car's media server which I built on an Odroid U3 (a tiny linux computer) running Ubuntu and Squeezeplug - it is a H/W upgrade from the Raspberry Pi version I've used for the past year.   I would assume that the clock and noise on the Odroid U3 are not up to audiophile standards :) but for less than $100 for...
 got the same response.........they will start shipping 450 GO pre-orders mid-may