Posts by Acix

The clarity of the 8.35's are a level above the Q40 in term of sound resolution. I dont have the Q40 here with me, but back in SF friend of mine had the Q40 and I had the opportunity to compare.
 I hope you're right about improvement of the instrument separation with a high end cable. If I remember correctly Marleybob217 recable his 8.35 with Mogami W2534. We'll probably needs to hear his impression again. I do have a quad cable ready from my K702 ( http://www.head-fi.org/t/378255/akg-k702-build-your-own-cable), but I'm not sure if both mini XLR connectors will hold up in my outdoor parties and in my DJ bag. Maybe for home/studio use this will do better, in my...
 Unfortunately I didn't got the chance to bring them back to my studio for the third time, buy I've found this great video review that let you hear what I was referring about the HD-800 lower treble spike, the T1 spikes and the K812 lowmid boost. 
 The Q40 are a bass head dream, the 8.35 are more balanced and a better sound resolution. Please let us know about your experience.  
 After 4 years my oval ear pads and the head foam got a bit flat, but I've found a way to push some foam in holes of the back of the oval pads and bring them to life. After 5 years they definitely hold up to their reputation as the indestructible headphones.
This is the wear and tear of my beloved 8.35 after almost 5 years of a daily use in the studio, DJ gigs at clubs and outdoor Goa parties. The vinyl tube/pipe cable got dry and start to crack and open up. I'll contact GM to try to get the same cable, I love the build and the sound quality of the original cable. lol, as well I'll need a new GMP logos on the side of the hps cups.    
I've found this video review to be spot on!  
 You can bend the headphones headband a bit to fit your head. 
For sale Apogee mini DAC it is the firewire version and comes with two adapters (the original one the a better one that improve the sound from Elpac). As well I'll provide the AES breakout cable (9 pin D-Type with two female XLR).   This DAC sound great, you'll be surprised! Plenty of reviews here on headfi.   Price : SOLD   Those items are still available,   1. M2Tech - Hiface2 usb to spdif interface, 110 Euro. 2. Gallileo 238 short balance cable with Neutrik...
 On both pads the isolation is topnotch. Looks like there is a option to cut out and remove the foam from the stock pads and replace it a different foam/net, but better just to get a different pads and keep the stock ones as a sound reference point. Some don't like the oval sound as the stock pads.