Posts by Acix

Not day and night, more like 10-20% audible differences with better focus sound separation and a bit more air in between the instruments.  In my experience acoustic treatment for your room will be very important.
As I said, this combo probably will work more than fine. I'm under the impression of the Audio 10 having the same headphones amp unit as the NI Kontrol 1sound card. Here is more info: http://www.head-fi.org/t/393139/k702-in-the-studio   As well you'll need around 200 hours of burn in for the K702 to sound the best. A better cable can help a bit too, http://www.head-fi.org/t/378255/akg-k702-build-your-own-cable
Out of my Kontrol 1 the K702 sounds good and is a great start for any music productions. With the time I've got the SPL Phonitor for the K702, as well I upgrade my DAC for a better result.   I'm assuming the Audio 10 interface have the same hps amp unite as the old Kontrol 1, but I'm not sure you'll need to check this out.
  Sounds to me like a tizzy situation!
 It's just absurd! looks like AKG will have lots of 812s in stock soon. I wonder how many members here got them with this price tag?
  By saying 'refresher' you probably meant to remaster. In today digital domain there's no such thing as sound without manipulation, most of the recorded musical material will need the mastering processes to fit to the industry standards. Now, the industry standards are quite stuck in the loudness war, but this is a complete another issue. Back to the hps, The HD-800 and the T1 are boost in the lower treble, and when I say boost I mean both hps are boost above the K-702...
  Did you try to switch the pads between them?
FritzS, can you please tell if the K812 pads fit the K70x series? Thanks! 
  You're right, Vs the 800s is on priority for most of the people's here. For me will be great if you can compare them to whatever other hps you have there. Please keep us updated on your impression. The photo for your review looks great!
HiFiGuy, any impression will be welcome.