Posts by Acix

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I'll need to ask Beniamin about the burn, what is your burn in hr recommendation? Maybe I'll have the chance to check them again in the near future and see the burn in effect /differences.   
For some time I was interested to check out the new K812 and I got my chance when Beniamin, a young headfier from Israel contact and ask me to test out his new K-812 for channel imbalance, and possibly some sound distortion in the right driver as well to check out the K-812 Phonitor combo.   I'll start directly with my first impression. Going from my K-702 to the K-812 what I noticed first was the sound separation with a very strong focus on details and sound resolution....
Its annoying to watch this happen, the major companies pushing the boom box sound as a standard/reference sound, what a sad joke! 

The HD-800 are a bright hps! This is why I recommended to try them with some nice tubes that can roll-off the treble and bring up some bass.
 Is the ONLY way with the SPL amps and this manes the HD-800 sound coming out of the SPLs is the true sound off those hps without added any coloration.
 Agree! The SPL amps are very transparent no amp coloration added to the sound. I like the hd-800 only with tubes, but in this case the 800s are not going to be a studio hps!
What a great job on this review, love the honesty in the details!!   I think you're very right about those new foam pads and the fact they dont offer a second option pads for more relaxing sound.     After some personal experience with the HD-800, and no experience with the 812 I feel like I just want to try out the Stax flagship and forget for now about the flagship dynamic headphones.   
DJ aggression, not so much recommended but fun to watch,      
  Great job on the review, keep up the good work!