Posts by Acix

Ha, it's not just ones, I get them dirty almost every dizzy weekend!
This is how my 8.35 looks after a rave in the Israeli desert.   
  The mini XLR looks great! Many K-702 cables out there to try out, here is how to make it and some impressions : http://www.head-fi.org/t/378255/akg-k702-build-your-own-cable
 The pads are not so new anymore, thickness is about the 2 cm but overtime I think is the foam type more important.
W-10, H-10.5. Inner W-5, H-7 cm.
For sale Klotz spdif cable 75 ohm, with Amphenol connectors. The cable sound very balance, open with tight bass. Best components on the pro studio market, the cable is 102 cm = 40 inch long.     Paypal few and shipping worldwide included with the price. 
For sale XLR Balance Gallileo 238 short cable with Neutrik connectors. The cable sounds very flat pro studio cable 53 cm = 21 inch long. Paypal few and shipping worldwide included with the price. 
 The oval pads looks and feel different in my experience in a good way. About the sound you'll loose some of the magic feel of the intimacy of the original pads, but on the other hand you'll gain more soundstage, balance and sound brightness (with the dust net). With the new foams you'll still be on the warm side close to the sound of the original pads, just with a bigger soundstage. I just want to add that the oval pads with the dust net may not be for everyone at first,...
My 8.35 party out again with me!  
  For a open hps I prefer the K702 with my Phonitor combo for studio work. About the Fostex family, I want to try out the Fostex TH500RP. About the 20Hz subbass if you get the rumble right and clean in your hps you can roll off and help your mix/mastering. I like to do that with speakers in my treatment studio room but if you dont have a treatment studio room a good hps can give you a big help to get a decent mix in any work environment. As I said before, the 8.35 can...