Posts by amdj

Ah ok thank you for the explanation for both cases. HumX on just my PC sounds good =). Now what is the solution for enabling 24/192 to work correctly? I happen to be using an adapter for the optical cable to connect to my AK100's optical in. Perhaps a cable without an adapter plugged directly into the AK100 might fix this?
I'm looking more into ground loops and the HumX.   A more simple solution might be to power my AK100 from it's mini USB connection to the outlet (using an adapter). The noise hum noise might be conflicted with my PC's USB ports.   Comments about the AK100 itself   In any case, I gotta say that the AK100 as a portable device is fantastic. I've let my friends try it with the Westone 4s (very awkward for them to put on lol, thankfully foams can be replaced) and they are...
Could you expand on "Getting 192 from toslink is transport dependent."? The source is coming from my motherboard. 24/96 is flawless via optical but 24/192 causes a harsh static that resembles a bad TV broadcast. It could be the source...anyone else got any ideas? And can anyone comment on the HumX??? Did it work on eliminating a hum sound when the AK100 is connected to an amp AND charged by the USB cable? I'm assuming I use the HumX to connect to my headphone amp, which...
Thank you for answering one of my questions. Does the AK100 still only do 24/96 when connected via Digital In from my PC?   That's a shame about the background noise when connected USB for charging (when used with an amp). Anybody else got any ideas?
I've had the AK100 (stock) for more than half a year. I used it mainly for work and on the go with my IEMS.   It is amazing with Westone 4s IEMs, especially with 24/96 and 24/192 FLAC files.   I had a question though. Two actually!   I am currently using it as part of a home setup. Digital out from my PC -> AK100 -> Headphone amp (Woo audio WA6) -> HD650s.   1. Whenever I have the USB cable connected to keep it charged (the one that came with the AK100), I hear a...
Thanks Dubstep Girl. Very informative.   Now I've seen prices ranging from ~$120-$250+ for the GZ34.   Would $150 be a decent price for a NOS GZ34 tube manufactured from the 50s?   I'm very excited to get a home setup...I've been an "IEM" kind of guy since 2003.
Hi Head-Fi,   I had some questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   My WA6 is coming in the mail today. It will be my first tube amp. I will be using these with some new HD650s that just came in. I will be using an AK100 as a DAC. The type of files I mainly will use for this setup are 24/96 and 24/192 FLAC files.   Since I am new to tube amps, I plan on upgrading the tubes.   Would the "1950's Vintage NOS NIB Mullard 5AR4 / GZ34 F31 Dual D Getter Vacuum...
LOL. That is hillarious.
bump 
Hi guys,   I own a pair of Westone UM2s, which I assume sound similar to the UM3s. I find the UE TF10s are similar to the UM2s except they have an extra sparkle to bring out smaller details but less bass. I highly enjoy both of these on my iBasso D4 dac/amp but want some full sized headphones.   Which full sized pair of headphones sound similar to these? Budget is up to $500 (I would like to spend some on a new amp/dac..namely the Nufroce HDP to keep things under...