Posts by kjk1281

Great review blazer! The MX985 is easily one of my favorite buds. I hope Sennheiser doesn't abandon this segment.If you're even remotely interested in a warm, full-bodied, nicely-detailed earbud with an enveloping soundstage, and aesthetics and build to match its impressive sound quality, the MX985 is worth an audition.
Just wanted to add that online tracking is free for First Class International IF you buy the postage electronically, either online through USPS.com or an approved postage vendor (like Stamps.com or PayPal postage), or using approved PC software.The online tracking for First Class International is available to the following countries:(Note: An asterisk (*) indicates that service was temporarily suspended on June 12,...
I've been lurking this thread forever but haven't really felt comfortable enough to pull the trigger on any of the earbuds mentioned (except the AP8 and DIY PK2). I did finally pull the trigger on the Dasetn MC5, which arrived today.That foam really doesn't do the best job of keeping the buds in place! Still too early to say much, but I'm probably going to end up writing a full review on these. That is, after I write one for the SoundMagic EP10 and 20 and Sennheiser...
I would try different eartips as Steve suggested, but honestly the in-ear 685 series aren't bassy like the CX300 or the CX200 and its variants. I own a pair of OCX685s (same as CX685 but with earhooks) and I was surprised at the bass response. No, they don't produce a lot of bass, but what's there is relatively tight. If you want big bass response you should probably look elsewhere.
The two threads posted above are good starting points. Remember that sound quality is highly dependent on fit, so you should be aware of the size of the housings of earbuds you are reading various reviews.I feel that earbuds are an excellent solution for in-bed listening and walks around the neigborhood as the lack of isolation could literally save your life (being able to hear the smoke / CO detector or the teenager behind the wheel of full-size pickup about to run you...
Hello Head-Fi! Up for your consideration today is the Beyerdynamic DT 250 250 ohm version. This headphone is in great condition and comes with the original coiled cable, screw-on 1/4 inch adapter, and that tiny little screw that secures the cable attachment to the headphones. The price listed includes PayPal fees and shipping within the United States. Canadians, please enquire via private message for additional shipping costs to your postal code. I may also consider...
Hello Head-Fi! Up for sale today are two inexpensive Sennheisers, the CX175 and CX275S. Both earphones are in great condition, and the CX275S comes with all accessories, including a carrying pouch and smartphone adapter. I'm asking for $15 shipped for the CX175 and $25 for the CX275S. The price includes shipping within the US and to Canada. International buyers, please PM me for information on additional shipping fees to your postal code. Please do not hesitate to...
Great review Zelda! Congrats on making the front page! I might have to try these out just to smell them. I love chocolate!
I can only compare them to the KSC75, but I find that the Sennheisers are warmer with less treble brightness and a more even response through the midrange. I find the PX95 to be much better than the old PX100 (not the PX100-II, which I haven't tried), which I found to be far too dark, grainy, and lacking in the upper frequencies.
Can't recommend these enough, especially at such a ridiculously low price. Great sound and comfortable to boot.