Posts by Planar_head

Well done review; it pretty much says what I wished I could've said :) .  --- Pain and Gain: 7/10 An over-the-top movie that starts pretty bad; but manages to entertain after the set pieces are put in place. Based on a "true story", it proves that...  perhaps Florida is as crazy as it seems. The characters are big; both literally and figuratively. The movie is done in 90's saturated color look and it works. It's worth a watch and depending on the mood you're in, a ton of fun.
The Wind Rises (English Dub): 7/10    It's a solid movie. A visual delight with incredible animation; I couldn't find a single flaw there. It's a Studio Ghibli film, so that's to be expected. The sound was spot on perfect -- I was not expecting that at all, and some scenes really surprised me with the sheer detail that was presented.   What kind of bothered me was the tone of the movie; which I found to be aloof considering the subject matter of the movie (primarily...
The grip area houses the feed, which controls the flow of ink to the nib. In a demonstrator, such as you have, there is no way around it; you will see ink in the grip section.   As for ink usage, I run a full converter down in about a week and a half, though that's very heavy usage.
But could you really say that last year? If you took a Joe off the street and debranded all of the cars on the grid and asked them what the differences are at a glance, would they be able to tell them apart? Probably not. Think about it: they used a V8 that had no development since 2008, and the only huge differences were in the nose area (step or no step) or how they were blowing the exhaust for the diffuser. Sauber had some minor differences in the openings in the...
The nose regulations also state that there must be a certain cross sectional area for the nose crash structure. This is why the nose shapes are so different.   Personally, I'm glad that there are such significant outward differences in the car's designs this time around, compared to previous years. It proves that F1 is in fact not a spec series (as some would like to believe). We will find out which nose is best either after the year's first test or at the first race of...
Oops, I neglected to say that I used the values that they used for the HE-adapter that you mentioned in your previous post. The simulation, on the other hand, was done with a typical L-pad network.
The attenuation network used by Hifiman allows the amp to work at its preferred load impedance.   If you do the math, the attenuation network with a 50 ohm headphone (i.e. HE-6) gives a load impedance of 8.8 ohms. The attenuation is -3.5 dB, neglecting amplifier loading. Though, compared to just a parallel 10 ohm resistor, the load impedance doesn't change that much (it goes lower), though the attenuation probably decreases (that is, it gets less negative).   And to...
 Maldonado has huge Venezuelan money behind him from government oil. That's what I understand it is, anyway. Lotus has problems with money, so they are probably trying to grab all the money they can. I'm willing to bet that Romain is the lead driver in this case anywho.
I wonder where Checo is going, and why McLaren let him go...?   And what's with the driver shuffle anyway? I understand why Raikkonen would move, but the rest of the field seemed pretty well set. Especially Hulkenberg.
Super Takumar 200mm f4 @ 5.6