Posts by garage_logician

Damn, I hate the web sometimes.  I had a written this post once already and was just about to hit send.  Instead I fat finger some damn key on the keyboard and all my text is gone without warning.  Arghh!!!  So, starting over.....   I am in need of a new pair of cans.  Short version, I bought a pair of Senn HD 380 Pros and returned them after a few days.   Liked them mostly but they were lacking on the low end, and there were times that some vocals sounded downright...
  Sorry, I found my post in the other thread.  Should have looked harder before I posted I guess....
bump.  anyone?  I posted this is the recommendations thread and it appears that it was removed.  Not sure if I am doing something wrong?   Since I posted this I went out and listened to some Grado's.  The RS-1 and RS-2 and they are not for me.  Seemed very anemic to me.   Again, I am looking for headphones that I can take back and forth to the office so portability is a bonus.  First and foremost thought I want a great sounding pair of headphones.  Closed would be...
I was recently out and about and ran across a pair of HD 380's for a good price, so I bought them.   I did not know much about them and since I had no opportunity to listen to them prior to buying them I just took a chance on the Sennheiser name and picked them up.  I have been listening to them for the past couple days and have had mixed reactions, sometimes they sound just phenomenal but at other times I find myself wanting for "more".  I wish I could quantify what...
I was recently out and about and ran across a pair of HD 380's for a good price, so I bought them.   I did not know much about them and since I had no opportunity to listen to them prior to buying them I just took a chance on the Sennheiser name and picked them up.  I have been listening to them for the past couple days and have had mixed reactions, sometimes they sound just phenomenal but at other times I find myself wanting for "more".  I wish I could quantify what I...