or Connect

Posts by garage_logician

I bought the Creative E5, sounds great.   Plenty of headroom supposedly to drive most any cans, and it has a low gain switch for use with IEM's.   Spent the weekend listening to old favorites and really hearing them for the first time. :-)
I just got the E5 today so it might be user error but I am having some issues.  The first thing I did was connect to the E5 via bluetooth to my Nexus 6.  Using the creative android app I was able to control and select all the various parameters.  Everything sounded great.  Next I disconnected the phone and connected the E5 to my MacBook Pro via the suppiled USB<->Micro USB cable.  I installed the latest drivers from Creative and then updated the firmware on the E5.  I then...
You should check out the Shure SRH-840's.  I find them to have excellent sound and they are very comfortable too.
I currently have a pair of Shure SE215's that I like.  I don't often listen to IEM's and prefer my full size headphones, but there are times when they are not practical.  That is when I use the Shure's.   I ran across what I think is a pretty good deal on the Westone's but hesitated because I know nothing about them.  They seem like they have been around and the price drop might be because of a newer model in the works.  Or it might be that they don't sell very well.  Who...
I have a Creative E5 on the way for my Nexus 6, I hope it works.....    
Thanks for the recommendations and ideas everyone.  I decided to grab the creative e5 on MassDrop, it seems like it will fit the bill and the price was great.   -g
  The creative e5 is on MassDrop right now for $149.00.   If you act in the next day or two.....
I would like to stay around $100 if possible but would go more if needed.   Thanks! -g
I have a Nexus 6 on the way to which I would like to add a portable DAC/Amp or Amp.   I typically use either a pair of Shure IEM's or a set of Denon D5000's.  I would like to get one dac/amp to use that works with Android and is not to expensive.   Any recommendations?   Thanks! -g
Are these any good?   http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Extreme-Soft-5N-OCC-Silver-Plated-Earphone-Cable-For-Shure-se535-Se846-Ultimate-UE900-LN004456/2044999915.html   or should I look elsewhere?   Thanks! -g