Posts by moonboy403

Agreed and the bolded part should be emphasized.
Welcome to the "small room and no room treatment club"! If you have a mic or an spl meter, you can use REW to test your speakers' response within your room to see how messed up (huge nulls and peaks up to perhaps 30 DBs) they are in the bass range. Then you can reposition your speakers and test for their response again (even inches can affect the response drastically).    You can begin by positioning the speakers so that they shoot down the long walls and start your...
I use the Adam S3As and a Velodyne DLS-5000R (Ported).
  That sounds about right if we know that impedance of the K1000 doesn't vary across the frequency spectrum. Someone should test it out.
  If you actually measure your own room, you'll see that your actual room response is drastically different from what the graph showed. Your room needs an anechoic chamber and the response measured has to be highly smoothed in order for you to get that response.   No equalizer will get you responses that your speakers simply can't handle. You can place your subwoofer in a corner of the room and that will probably help with its extension a little bit.    Here's my speaker...
I don't get why it's improper since my setup is nearfield as well and I used the mirror method to find my reflection point when I setup everything. My setup forms an equilateral triangle of 5 feet apart and each speaker is 5 feet away from me. Using the mirror method, my first reflection point is exactly as I stated before. With a mirror on my left wall and about the halfway point between me and my left speaker, I see its image. Same applies to the right of me. These are...
15x15 is a typical sized room which is exactly what I'm referring to. The first point of reflection on the side wall is always gonna be slightly forward of the midway point between the listener and the speakers. Also, the first reflection point is not ONLY on the sidewalls, it's also on the ceiling as well. The spots behind the listener on the side walls are in fact the second reflection point. Then there are the usual solutions like using a throw rug and heavy curtains,...
Depending on the accuracy the OP craves, acoustics is very important even if it's nearfield which can easily be confirmed by measuring the room with a program like Room Wizard EQ with a simple Radio Shack SPL meter. Bass frequencies are especially problematic in small rooms (typical 30db nulls in bass) besides early reflections which is any direct sound that's accompanied by an echo within 20 milliseconds and this happens with nearfield listening as well. The first early...
    The two mains are Adam S3As, the center channel's an Adam A5, surrounds are Adam A7s, and the sub is Velodyne DLS-5000R. 
Try using the volume control on your soundcard and see how you like it.