Posts by moonboy403

Your wish can be easily fulfilled. The JH13 is what you're looking for. You get a wider and deeper soundstage, better textured bass and impact, better instrument separation, no veil, no lower midrange bump, more present and extended treble, improved clarity and details, no more complex passages that sound congested, heavier earpieces but better fit and isolation (in contrast to shure olives and silicon as these are the only ones I tried), and lastly more dynamic.
If I am to do any EQing at all, I would look to eliminate the lower midrange bump first. That bump annoys the heck out of me.     
This review will be broken down into two parts:   Part I:    When the SM3 arrived, I was pretty excited to hear what the fuss is about. I played my usual reference tracks through the SM3 with a silicone tip but what I heard disgusted me. First of all, it reminds me of the sound of the HD650 with the black silk baffles drivers: overly smooth, veiling sounding, a very thick lower midrange, recessed treble. And even with the veil, the details are there from top to...
Mine!
The A7s are a different animal and supposedly the A7x offers a sizable improvement across the spectrum as well.
Most of the higher end studio monitors are full range and hence a lot bigger than what you're looking for. Take the Adam A7s which are Adam's entry-ish studio monitors and even they have 6.5 inch woofers.   By entry level Adams, do you mean the A7s or A5s? 
Absolutely agree.       Also true on occasion, especially in small rooms.
If you're going for a mere +/-10db in room speaker response, room treatment is necessary. And no amount of parametric equalizer or Audyssey will solve your deep nulls, ringing, and decay problems in a room without any treatment. Do they help? Yes, but not nearly enough. However, they are excellent as "icing on the cake" so to speak AFTER the room has been treated. 
I would say that the room dictates how well your speakers are gonna sound. I don't care how great your speakers are, if your room doesn't have any room treatments, they are FAR from flat which is what most people strive for. A person might think that the in room response of their speakers sound fairly flat, but once they measure it or listen to their speakers in a well treated room, they're in for a rude awakening.
It's supposed to be 23-120 Hz +/-3 dB from manufacturer specs. From my actual in room response, the FR is mostly within +/-3db down to about 25 Hz. I don't really see any irregularity since my room isn't entirely treated. Even if it's fully treated, it's difficult, if not impossible, to get down to +/-5db from 20hz - 20khz since I have a small room.