Posts by Edwood

No, this one doesn't have the enhanced durability changes, only the final sound changes. 
Very well articulated comparison to the HE-6, Clenmaster. 
Also to note that the finish in the wood ear cups is improved from the first test model I received.  It's a bit more yellowish warmer in tint, and the satin finish is slightly glossy now with a very smooth surface.  Much more refined and premium now.
I have the latest Revision of the HE-560 now.   Sound is definitely improved.  The Bass, most notably.  It goes as low as the HE-6, maybe a tad bit more.  There is more Bass than the previous test HE-560 unit.  Bass is still very tight.    Transparency in soundstage is much improved due to change in the ear pads.  I am no longer hearing those undesirable internal reflections in sound.    The Treble seems largely unchanged, still smooth and somewhat recessed compared...
I think perhaps it may be more of the spacing of the pads, being considerable thicker, they move the transducers further away.  Kind of like the Grado Bowls vs. Flats.   Whatever it is, it causes some undesirable effects to sound quality of the HE-6.  We'll see what the final pads are like when the final production model is out.
Updated first post with my in progress review.
I now have an HE-500 for comparison in this review.  I am still waiting on the final production HE-560 replacement. 
I would also recommend the HiFiMan HE-6 with EF-6 Amp, especially if you are primarily going to be listening to movies.  This combo has the airiness and transparency of electrostats, but has more viseral punch in highs and lows.    The SR-009 is quite nice, but too poorly built (coughBrokenHeadBandcough) to justify it's mega price tag.  Not to mention the cost of a suitable amp.  But I still prefer orthodynamics for my SVS listening pleasure.
Last I checked, the Hugo was not capable of playing music by itself. 
Too far into the future for me to predict, but I'll try to make it to this one if schedule permits.