Posts by qusp

what in what I just said makes you think i'm FOR passive IV? you still havent read up on Ohms law have you? put resistance in the way of current, it turns into voltage, put resistance in the way of voltage, it turns into current....that conversion can be done passively with a simple resistor, or it can be placed at the output of a current feedback amp, discrete follower/buffer or in the feedback loop of an opamp so that the amp or active device in the active IV stage is...
i'm sorry, whats the question? ANY current out dac allows passive or active IV stages. I V stands for Current (I) to Voltage (V) conversion
no, you cannot, it uses PCB for heatsinking and the tab is live negative voltage. people have done it with the use of isolated heatsinks, but personally I think its a silly idea and you should just use BUF634I wasnt talking to you, since it still appears you havent read anything about ohms law, I guess you dont know that IEMs are the least likely to cope with it. you'de have better luck driving HD600 or even DT880/600 than many IEMs. high impedance = low current, low...
haha, I think its more likely the way you (or whatever ebay dac it was) used it sounded rubbish, to say the Jung diamond buffer itself (the discrete circuit both BUF634 and LME49600/10 are based on) sounds rubbish, is quite frankly.... rubbish.opa627 is unity gain stable, but again current limited for true buffer applications. it will work with a good amount of headphones though, as many dont need much current. very low impedance headphones/IEMs will perhaps present some...
yes, as ive covered here a number of times, its really not what I would call unity gain stable. they are stretching the truth in the datasheet, it needs a very well laid out and well executed PCB to make this work properly, its very prone to oscillation otherwise and not exactly happy driving capacitive loads (headphones), or low impedance loads*basically it requires a heap of boxes ticked that are unlikely to be present on a PCB not designed for it*its not exactly high in...
the 960 seems far too big and clunky to buy to use the digital out and the compulsive ASRC is a turn off for that application as well. you would hope for some significant other upgrades over the 812 for that much extra dollars, the pins and most parts for the digital out are already there so that doesnt justify it.
Hey! I resemble that remark!
I agree completely about the RSA jack and i've been pretty vocal about it, its magnetic, its tin, its plastic, it has little by way of strain relief and it puts stress on the cable, i'm disappointed it has gained traction, only TRRS is worse... mini 4 pin XLR, Hirose (not the same as lemo) and Lemo are my favorites, but realistically mini XLR would be more readily picked up as a standard I think. I favor lemo, as its very robust, locking but disengages easily, attractive,...
there are many reasons to go balanced, its not a magic bullet, but its not a myth. using the LCD2 and a fairly average balanced dac circuit isnt the best conditions, LCD2 are a piss easy load, one of the easiest headphones to drive of any type, so your main improvement will be from the dac, so i'm not surprised there was little difference. without a balanced source its pointless for all but a very few very inefficient headphones
lol, show me your objective preference meter. common man, youre better than this, have you turned into a drone as well? what does it really matter to you? the poster above enjoys his portable rig, what does he have apart from his subjective bias? what matters more than his subjective response? thats what audio is all about at the 2 cannot be separated [[SPOILER]]