Posts by qusp

HolyCheese, asking for opinions on the comparative subjective SQ between the cowon and a device that isnt finished yet and nobody has heard, is not the best way to get meaningful information.
well thats odd, because particularly with multidriver IEMs, using a constantly varying output impedance driven by a low current dac output is a terrible idea technically, perhaps you like the erroneous frequency response you are getting?
but then you need a soft case to protect the hardcase from scratches....
probably something in the clocking or spdif output circuitry of AK100, jitter will be higher in the peculiar UAC1 version of iphone USB->i2s->spdif conversion also (notice the extra conversion too), even if onboard clock is the same. I prefer well done USB2.0-i2s to spdif in home hi-fi, but doing an spdif output from the source/transport directly without all the smoke and mirrors could easily provide better sound. no need to apologize, I was just bringing it to your...
do you really mean transport? doesnt seem like you do, or you have made the mistake of thinking the Dac analogue specs listed apply to the digital out? there is no digital crosstalk, the crosstalk has no effect on digital output. I doubt you will find the AK100 still has lowest crosstalk for low impedance headphones, this is where having a 4 pin jack comes in handy. When you have a high Z output compared to the load impedance, the effect of crosstalk from shared ground and...
black shows dust, white shows grime, I know which I prefer....
the MSB top of the line measures pretty badly compared to top of the line SD dacs that cost much less. in measurements i've seen there even seems to be obvious radiated noise from their own external power supply....
I learn something new every day, I make mistakes regularly when I push into areas I dont know, but I always try to be prepared by doing the reading. I learned through osmosis, one day things just start to click, the Walt Jung papers are an excellent recommendation, as are the writings of the sadly recently demised Jim Williams of linear technologies, who wrote the app notes for and designed many well liked opamps and regulators. ( here is some background on the man and...
hmm, you read the thread?
why are you surprised? ESS is the name on everyones lips, what makes you think the change was about anything more than that and the fact the DX100 was massively outselling the HM801? [[SPOILER]] anyway enough OT