Posts by zephyr90

Ok I found two culprits for my issues:   1. I usually make sure I use the USB ports on the motherboard for this kind of stuff. Turns out, since it's USB 3.0, it actually gave Windows trouble detecting the DFU device. Plugging in to a front USB port (which are USB 2 and connected straight to a USB 2 header on the motherboard) helped with DFU detection.   2. The latest of the recommended "rockbox with patches" version caused the USB drive detection issue (version...
It's easy to shoot down the newbie without actually reading to what he wrote. I DID NOT INSTALL r674! I'm not doing stuff like this for the first time, I have custom firmware on my Android phone, Kindle, Pogoplug and had custom firmware on my iPod Video and iPhone 3G when I still had them.   I did not originally find this topic but followed installation instructions in the freemyipod wiki: http://freemyipod.org/wiki/EmCORE_Installation/iPodClassic/DFUiTunes   Part of the...
It's not as easy as following the instructions, at least for me.   iPod 6G 120GB. Windows 7 64 bit.   Neither version r674 nor r867 of UMSboot work anymore. It was initally installed with r674 but now neither are recognized via USB. I can start the newer version with emCORE or the older via bootstrap_ipodclassic_itunes.exe. When booting to rockbox, (aldorans latest) the iPod also isn't recognized as a disk drive. The only way for me to get the iPod recognized is...
As the M6s are on Valentines Day sale ATM, I was considering getting a pair.   Does anyone know what kind of cable these come with?   I have the silver M9s and their cable is amazing, they have been a favorite on the train for a long time, but my recent upgrades felt more like sidegrades (Brainwavz M5, Meelec A161p) and both had terrible cables. Especially the 161's cable is disappointing if you consider their MSRP of 119$. So do the current clear-colored M6...
No, that's not at all what I did.  I listened to them for a good while over the span of several days, and then didn't listen to any headphones for three days. And I felt that I could get used to them but going back to them today for just one song (Placebo - Second Sight) made me realize that they really don't please me.   Tip rolling is not usually something I can do because I rarely ever have more than 1 kind that fits my ear with a good seal. Bi- or Triflanges never...
Are my ears broken? After reading so many reviews, I got the A161p in the recent 35% sale, hoping to find an IEM with analytical qualities while still sounding musical and fun... Well let's just say these really let me down. Subpar build quality aside (which is worse than my 20$ Meelec M9s), I found them to be somewhat tinny and congested-sounding, veiled. Listening to a classic tango piece was a real joy, but each time I go back to more "modern" music they sound like...
Same here! Not satisfied with either the Meelec M9 nor the Brainwavz M5, hopefully those will keep me happy for a while!
Some people in the german hifi-forum.de reported that microphonics are really bad with the stock cable, and that rubber cables work much better. However, I haven't been able to confirm this because I'm still waiting for my X1s to arrive.
Good to know! I need to get my facts straight then. I'm almost sold on these.
Has anyone in this thread compared the X1 and Hifiman He-300? Build quality LOOKS better on the Philips but I haven't seen either in real life yet... Which is more comfy? Deep cups are really important for me. Which has better soundstage and stereo imaging? And lastly, which one sounds better? I like my DT990 but the treble is too harsh for my taste and with rock music they are just no fun because of the recessed mids. I like the deep bass these things produce,...