or Connect

Posts by c-record

Hi,   I'm selling a Glow Amp 1 in excellent condition.  I've had it for a few years but it hasn't been used much.  I used it to drive a pair of Senn HD600 & 650's, HiFi Man HE400s, and AKG 701s.  It also drove some NHT bookshelf speakers in my office occasionally.    I got curious about the tube bug and wanted to give it a go.  The sound was everything I thought I wanted in a tube amp.  Warm, lush, etc. etc.  I've been listening to headphones less and less and will...
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2.  Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing.  The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.
Great minds and all that you know....   If I had seen the Amazon $8xx.xx deal on HD800s I would have been all over them!
That's great to hear.  I kinda wish I would have been on the lookout for HE500s during the holiday sales.  I've been scheming on the HD800s myself.   :)   I could go HD800 AND HE500s for the price of LCD3s.
The dealer didn't have any LCD-X to compare.  They should get some so that would be a good one to check out.  I know I really liked the LCD3 sound and if the X is 'almost' as good I'd rather spend the extra for the 3s.
Not having had a chance to hear the HE500 I have to try and understand others experience.  The LCD2 lacked air, sparkle and detail in the highs for me as well.  For myself it is a price issue between the HE500 and the LCD 3.  I could pick up HE500s now but I'd have to wait a bit for the LCD3s.  I did fall for the sound of the LCD3s though!
Thank you. For helping me spend my money that is.  :)
I also am not looking for harsh/bright treble.  I've heard some say the HE500 can be aggressive.  I did however enjoy the sound of the LCD3 much more than the LCD2.  It was more open, airy and involving.  I think much of this had to do with the treble presentation.     Maybe I'm talking myself into the LCD-3's.
I think I've been talking myself into the LCD-3.  I know I liked what I heard better than the LCD-2 and I hear the LCD-3 is still a step up from the HE500.
Thanks Tony.  I think you're probably spot on-the HE 500 is one of the best for the $$.  I wish I could manage a way to hear them.  I guess I could order and return them if they don't do it for me.