or Connect

Posts by matt8268

They are releasing their new Electrostatic Amp Terminal. The amp has an optional terminal module that uses a die to press electrostatic headphones at home for use with the amp. I will be purchasing the fully configured EAT Schiit and Die.
You might want to consider used denon d2000 ($200) with damping mod ($50 self installed). Ticks the bass, comfort, and clarity with separation requirements. If you mod the ear pads to stuff /fatten them like the lawton angle pads, the soundstage is wonderful as well.
 Find me one Head-Fier who has used the same system for 5 years without spending more money. That being said, $10k is only $5k per ear. 
No experience on th600, but on denon d7000, lawton pads do reduce the bass. I was able to bring the bass back by adding deeper wood cups. I don't know if the different pads and cups on stock th600 will lead to a different result. On d7000, once it's damped I still prefer sound with lawton pads vs stock. Less bass but everything else better. That being said, I was pretty thrilled when I added deeper cups and bass became more prominent. Balance is perfect for me now.
Just measured my Lawton angle pads for you. The inside hole is about 70mm at its largest point. There is actually a slight difference between my two sides (one side about 70mm the other about 72mm).
BestBuy / Partstore was a bust. They kept my order open for several weeks, delaying the status, until finally they just canceled it, saying the part was no longer available. But of course, you can still find it on their site and order it. Not good.   I placed an order for 3 pairs from https://www.encompassparts.com two weeks back, and today received 1 pair. Cost as much to ship as the part cost, so I am canceling my remaining backorder for 2 pairs. I'm considering myself...
Sold for $300. That was quick.
For sale is my Grado HF-1 (Serial #33) that has been modified by Headphile. Plastic cups replaced with wood, cable upgraded, and headband altered to add wide padding around the stock metal headband. HF-1 was a headphone Grado made special for Head-Fi. My cost after the mod was around $550. I intended to keep them forever as a collector's item and because I liked the sound so much out of my old Singlepower amp. The amp is long gone and they are not seeing much use, so it's...
Red NAD HP50 for sale. I can't find any scratches/blemishes on them. Comes with the stock headphone cable that contains the inline volume control for iOS devices. This is the only cable I have (I believe it ships new with a second headphone cable). Comes with original box as well.
Ultimate Ears UE-11 custom molded IEMs for reshelling. Comes with stock black cable. I am the original owner, purchased from Ultimate Ears. They are in very good condition.    You will need to find a company that offers reshelling services, such as Inearz, and get ear impressions at an audiologist (JH Audio and Ultimate Ears have a list of audiologists they recommend in different cities).   $500 $450    sold for $425