Posts by javahut

I'm counting days to W60!  I just wish I knew how long I'll be counting.   Will be a nice surprise when it finally gets here.
I heard from Westone support a couple days ago that it would still be a few weeks for the W60 (whatever that means). A retailer told me they weren't expecting them until April. Very anxious to check out the W60 versus my SE846. In general, I've always preferred Westones to Shures. Hoping that will still be the case!
Any more word on the W60s? Got my preorder in a few days ago. Can't wait to compare with my SE846. I've always preferred that warm, lush "Westone sound" over Shure's. But the SE846 were just too great to let go of. And I half jokingly said I would use them until Westone came out with their $1K universal IEM. Little did I realize it would be so soon. But even now, as great as the SE846 is, it can't match the tonality of the W4 with the right tips. So I'm really anxious to...
Yeah, I also don't have any problems whatsoever with Android 4.3 on a Galaxy Note 2, using Power Amp, FLAC, digital out to a RSA Predator. I don't get all the problems some people say they're having. Congested audio from too much RAM being used? Mine sounds killer without having to do much of anything except plug it in and hit play. I think about buying a dedicated killer portable source... like the new AK240. But then I have to ask myself why? The Note 2 sounds as good as...
Yes, but Earsonics tips are better than most. Their dual flange tip has a larger bore than many, including Shure & Westone. Other similar are Sensorcom dual flange and Futuresonics dual flange. But I think they're both outside the US, too. I've ordered from all 3, and never had problems. Just make sure u don't get the upgraded mail service, as that seems to take substantially longer to make it to the US. Also, I just ordered some dual and triple flange tips from a place...
ER4 doesn't have more "resolution". It has more unatural high end, and a completely unatural lack of low mids, lows, and sub lows. This is mistakenly taken as more "resolution" by some, when in actuality, they have more audible high end detail that is completely unlike any natural sound source I've ever heard. You may like that sound more, but don't think that's more "resolution", or higher quality because nothing else sounds like it. There's a reason nothing else sounds...
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. "Not a night & day difference" to me sounds like it could just sound different, & not necessarily better. The 846 sounds great 2 me now w/ the stock cable, so I'll probably just stick with not knowing what I'm missing for awhile. :-D
Yeah, but wasn't ur silver cable balanced? The stock is not.
What u really mean is you're sure it's probably copper. I also see some silver in it. Don't know if that means there actually is any silver used as a conductor or not. It could be silver plated copper I guess. I'd like to know what the conductors in the stock cable are exactly. I don't think I've heard anyone say definitively that they thought their single ended custom cable sounds better than the stock cable. I've heard some people say they had a custom & stock cable, but...
The frequency response test I did with my ears indicates a much wider and fuller response using wider bore tips like the Sensorcom dual flange tip, although my preference is currently the dual flange from EarSonics... which is now also a wide bore tip and made out of what feels like a little heavier gauge material than the Sensorcom. I personally never find the narrower bore tips to be the best option for sound quality. The wider bore seems to extend the low and high end....