Posts by javahut

what I wanna know, too... when did you place the order? thanks.
Question for anyone who's recently ordered and received a Double Helix cable. How long was your wait?... from what order date, to what received date?   I put my order in November 17, 2016 for silver IEM cable for my Westone W80. So 3 months is coming up quick... but haven't heard anything.   Just curious what recent wait times are.   Thanks.
BTW... if you notice in that pic above... the W80 nozzle is at a little different angle from the housing than the W60. Not sure why they did this. But that little angle caused me a little bit of a problem at first. I like to use the original triple flange tips from earphones plus, which have a wider bore opening into the ear than, say, standard Shure triple flange (earphones plus stopped making 'em like this... ashame... but I bought a stockpile of them when I found out,...
definitely.
 The MMCX connector allows the earphone to rotate 360°... as MMCX connectors are designed.
Like I said... none of my Westones have ever had a problem. Not sure how someone can continually, repeatedly break them... unless you're just not careful. Or maybe from popping the cables on/off so many times. I tend to leave whatever cable I'm using on them, and am not constantly disconnecting/reconnecting them. Maybe that's the difference.   But saying Westone is notorius for build quality issues is, at the least, misleading. I would bet there's many more users who've...
w80 is definitely not as laid back as the w60. definitely more slam, more agressive, seemingly somewhat fast attack and detail. The low end is not quite as cushy as the w60. But when there's low end in the audio... you hear it... and it's seemingly faster, more aggressive (with a little thump to it), than the w60. I honestly really love the w60 cushy low end. But now (unfortunately for my pocket book), I also like the clarity, detail, and forwardness off the w80, too. The...
Sure must be some kinda heavy handed or something. I have Westone W3, W4, W60, and now W80 right here in front of me. Never had a problem with any of 'em... not with housing, not with color shell, not with connectors, not with cables. Not sure how you can be so careless with such expensive IEMs as to continue to break them over and over again.
imo... westone left the se846 in the dust with the w60. the w80 has a much more balanced frequency range than the se846... from bottom to top. w80 has much more refined & extended hi end, much more present & detailed lo mids & mids. w80 has great lo end, but does not have the pronounced sub lo that se846 has. w80 also does not have the gap in frequency range between the lo end & mids that that the se846 seems to have. w80, overall, much more balanced throughout the...
I just looked on earphone solutions site an hour or so ago. the product page now says available to ORDER October 25th, and there's no buy button. I think they must've sold out of the expected 1st early shipment.