or Connect

Posts by TheAttorney

After trying the direct bridge method for a while, the SQ differences haven't been as OMG as I had hoped. But in parallel, I've also been burning in my new HEK V2 headphones and, for the first time that I've noticed with headphones, these seem to change quite a lot with burn-in. I've also been trying the free Fidelizer app, which seems to make a difference, but I've not yet been able to confidently quantify how much of any of this is just my imagination, My system needs to...
There have been all sorts of apps mentioned in this thread. so I'm assuming that some will be lower cost than JRMC. But I started my PC audio journey with JRMC, so have not personally tried any of the others.   The exact details of Roon 1.3 tagging/library management  have not been disclosed to my knowledge, other than there will be some. Compared to 1.2 where such management is very limited. 1.3 will also have lots of DSP, including upsampling and parametric EQ. So...
I don't think this is a "backlash". In my case, all I asked Rob and John to do was to think about it. And that's more or less what others are asking for. It's perfectly ok to introduce a new CD player to bring an older model up to date.It's perfectly ok that the new CD player includes some new technology that improves upon the technology in their current line up.It's perfectly ok (rather brilliant actually) that the improvement exceeds all expectations, and so leapfrogs...
I can answer some of your questions AppleheadMay.   On my Windows laptop, I use JRiver Media Centre to rip my CDs and do all my tagging and library management. It is a very flexible tool for library management - It can do almost anything you want in this regard, although not necessarily that intuitively. You may need to do some googling to work out the best way of doing some more complex library management.   I used to use JRMC for playback as well, but moved to HQ...
I agree. In this particular case in point, from a long way back, I have never found Martin Collom's conclusions to any hifi review to be of much value to me. His preferences and priorities just seem to be different to mine.  
You have to find the exact folder location of the .exe file of your music app, e.g. roon.exe, then select that file.You need to know the folder in advance, which you can typically do by properties of the shortcut to your music app.Once you've done this once, fidelizer defaults to that folder location the next time.      
I've never found the HF filter to improve DAVE wiith 44.1. At best, it merely changes the sound, which might suit some preferences or recording quality.
An excellent explanantion Rob. And good on you for coming up with another ground breaking product.   And of course this is early days, so we can't expect all answers to all questions. However, I hope you can appreciate that this can leave a sizeable proportion of Dave owners somewhat apprehensive. Those that have moved away from CDs.   We had a certain expectation that Dave was upgradeable if something new came along that justified the effort. So the first such thing...
Hi X, or any Fidelizer expert, I have a couple of questions.   I've used the Fidelizer free version off and on in the past to good affect, but am now wondering my best option for current rig as below.   Windows 10 (Home edition) laptop running Roon server, that connects via ethernet to RoonReady endpoint on microRendu. Then to DAC. A fundemantal requirement is that I also use my laptop for all other internet/email/office/etc activities, although only the internet via...