or Connect

Posts by TheAttorney

Oxford Audio (UK) are doing a headphone comparison event on 10th October, where they will be demoing the original Orpheus, in addition to various modern phones, including Stax. I'll be there for that one reason alone (to try the Orpheus for the first and possibly last time).   Now, Rosmadi, wouldn't it be really, really cool if these new ones were there too?
I can't rember exactly, around end of June when first put in order, Then roughly a couple of weeks later when I got wind of the secret black option. At that time there seemed some chance of getting a black one, although nothing was for certain. 230v.   In the meantime, my (silver) Yggy has arrived safely today and is warming up,
I've heard from a distributer that the trial run of black units has resulted in Schiit not continuing with black as a formal option. Apparently they weren't happy with the quality of finish. As no-one here has complained about the finish quality of their black Yggy, I assume it's more to do with rejection rates at factory etc.   Anyway, my Yggy is due to arrive within the next day or so and will be silver, despite me stating several weeks ago for a strong preference for...
I would guess that "audible distortion" is a language translation issue. One advantage the Pavane  has over TotalDAC is that there is only one Pavane model.There are far too many TotalDAC variants and options for me. Whichever one I chose, I'd be forever fretting about upgrades etc.Of course, for some people this choice would be very attractive.     
Yes he is crazy, but his point is that he's never had a fuse blow on any low power component he's ever owned over many years (or something like that). So he's prepared take that tiny risk. Personally, I just don't feel that lucky, so I'd never recommend that stance. Bad luck can happen irrespective of whether you're expecting it or not. I also have noticed fuse directionality, even when AC changes direction 50 or 60 times a second. Yes, it's completely crazy. I guess the...
FWIW, I found Articnoise's points well made and easy to understand - without needing to go into pedantic details about frequency responses etc. It's been an interesting diversion, but we really should get back to thread topic now... 
+1. It's the current and speed ratings that really matter. 250v rating will be suitable for all countries under 250v. The remaining question (probably not for Jamiee) is whether the 230v Yggy will have the same fuse rating as the 115v version?The obvious choice would be to halve the fuse current rating for the 230v Yggy, but some manufacturers choose exactly the same fuse for all voltage variants. I guess to keep it simple they pick an average "one size fits all" rating....
The Nagra vs Gryphon comparison should be interesting
Thank you Jamiee. And just to build up a better picture of the opening process: Which of the 18,000 (approximately) screws need to be undone in order to get the outer cover off? The ones around the edges only? What do the ones on top and bottom connect to? In most walks of life, fuse replacement can be done by customers, so not obvious why Schiit chose to locate this component "inconveniently" deep inside the unit. Same will apply when they start introducing module upgrades.
@isquirrel, I'm curious as to why you're still on the HD DAC trail?   It wasn't that long ago that you bought the DaVinci and were very happy with it...