or Connect

Posts by TheAttorney

The 2nd part of PF's DAVE review, plus lots of ROB W's comments here:              http://positive-feedback.com/interviews/chord-dave-part-2-interview/
After a bit more usage, my revised impressions of the Turbo X:   Overall, I'm well impressed.   It fulfills its promise of a small box that can fill a room - and with reasonably engaging sound quality. It won't replace a high end stereo speaker system, obviously, but if you make some allowances, then it does everything you could reasonably expect from such a small package. Next week, I'll be seeing other people's reaction to it replacing a traditional speaker setup for...
I'm not dissapointed that you always state it how it is. The rest of us can then choose how that fits into our world :o) PS: I think the MC-6 I've marked in bold above is a typo, and you meant 0.5?
Once you had the MC-6 installed, did adding extra MC-0.5 waveguides still further improve the sound?If so, that would be a shame IMO, as the MC-6 should really have all that and more already built in.
@smail1966, yes those are indeed the ones - the smallest in that photo. Mine are probably mk1 as a few years old. There's a thicker more expensive DPX model that I haven't tried, but aim to one day. On the other thread I did describe trying 2 plates together- with mixed results.    @romaz, I doubt if this is as simple as extra weight.  However, as per my earlier posts on that thread, I first tried the KE pads directly under DAVE's surface (bypassing the feet) and this...
Yes, about one third of them. Rob W had earlier posted that blocking up the holes isn't necessarily a problem, but that covering the surface in general may increase temperature. I haven't found that to be an issue at all in this particular case, but anyway I switch it to standby when I'm away from home.
My photos usually come out so poorly, as they do here, but here you go... 
  My 2nd and concluding impressions posted here:          http://www.head-fi.org/t/693686/great-bargain-isolation-discovery/15#post_12734333 In short, the KE/DAVE/HRS sandwich has been unexpectedly successful for me, albeit not in the way originally intended. Although I'd still class the SQ improvement as incremental, it's a pretty big increment, and I couldn't get anywhere near the same improvement when the same tweaks were added to other components. This is the first...
Update on my KE/HRS experiments:   With 8 KE pads under Dave's 8 feet, the SQ improved marginally compared to 4 pads - the jump in SQ not being as obvious as introducing the 4 pads in the first place.  The extra pads didn't help DAVE aesthetically - if I was paying US prices, I'd probably go the whole hog and get even more pads to form a single piece plinth.  And use a black marker pen on the visible surfaces to better match DAVE's black finish. But I'm not in the US, so...
After using the most advanced IT troubleshooting techniques known to man (pressing lots of buttons until something happens) I still couldn't get bluetooth sound to work, but lo and behold, I had a Windows update just now and on laptop restart it all joined together. It then stopped half way through the first track and, when the advanced techniques failed, I resorted to the even more advanced last resort: Switch it off and on again. Now I have bluetooth working for several...