Posts by MetalElvis

Thank you!
 This is simply not true.LCD-2 are the most upper mids scooped headphones I´ve ever heard just like HD 650 for example. Which makes them "warm" and nice to listen to, but are FAR from accurate and flat headphones / studio monitors.
LCD-XC has more upper mids / "lower treble" / 1k - 4k than HD 800. This is the region human hearing is the most sensitive to. But they are scooped around the 4k- 10k "higher treble" area, which is kinda good thing, because without that scoop it just would be too much treble for the ears to handle.   HD 800 is fairly flat. No boost around the upper mids, but they have more upper treble presence (4k - 10k), meaning no scoop in that area.   So totally different sound...
 They kinda are "shouty". Might be too much 2k for some people. They focus A LOT on the mids (especially 1k-4k), more than any headphone I´ve ever heard. They are not bass heavy at all. Similar amount of bass like T1 and HD 800, but different quality, very nice. Tight and deep. They do drop a lot after 4k to 10k which makes it sound well like "cut from that area" lack of a better term which also makes the focus on the mids even more "apparent" and then it comes back after...
 It sounds to me that you´ve never heard a neutral sound. You just think the LCD-XC sounds neutral and transparent. Well they are not. They are very colored. There are big boosts and scoops in the frequency curve. This is exactly what I´m talking about. People say unbelievable things in this forum that are far from the truth.
How can flat have a crazy boost around 1k - 4k? And then drop a lot from 4k and come back after 8k - 10k? I call that a roller coaster. But I agree that the bass is pretty flat, it is tight, fast and goes deep, but the quantity is little, maybe because of the crazy mid boost. I would say HD 800 and SR-009 are flat, but I think even the SR-009 have some extra 1k, and then some scoop around 3k to make it a bit warm around there, but then goes up and are probably one of the...
 No I love headphones and I love studio monitors too.Let me put the most comfortable / least comfortable list. Number 1. being the most comfortable. 1. HD 650 - can wear it forever!2. HD 600 - can wear it for years!3. SR-009 - can wear it for months4. T1 - can wear it for weeks5. AKG K702 Anniversary - can wear it for days6. LCD-2 - can wear it for few hours (does not create a hotspot, but they are heavy and uncomfortable)7. TH-900 - can wear it for few hours (creates a...
 Yeah, I´ve pretty much learned that you can´t trust the head-fi community, especially not the so called "professionals". But there are still some people that are dead on with their impressions, but they are hard to find from all the babble. Are the LCD-XC: Natural and transparent, NOPE!Audeze "house sound" (LCD-2/3), NOPE!Big bass, NOPE!Comfortable headphones, NOPE!!!
 Another head of steel, gongratz! I find them the most uncomfortable headphones ever! And I´ve tried and own lot of headphones.And sorry, but they don´t sound natural at all. Unless natural in your world means a roller coaster in the frequency curve (meaning big boosts and big scoops).
 Glad to hear someone having the same impressions as me! I thought I was going crazy reading some of the other impressions here and even the reviews from the so called "professionals". I definitely love the TH-900! Way more than the LCD-XC, but I really like the LCD-XC too… the sound of them, not the comfort! I do wished though that the LCD-XC would have been the LCD-2/3 "Audeze house sound", but with no upper mids scoop. But I got something way more different, something...