Posts by Lazarus Short

Sorry guys! I dropped the ball about having a meet, and now my wife and I are moving back to the Kansas City area. Back to Misery/Missouri...
Two posts just minutes apart after two years, and I had really forgotten about this thread! As you may know, there is a Head-Fi meet in Phoenix on the 23rd, but see about that in another thread on this sub-forum. Anybody want to have something more local, or shall we all carpool to P-town? I'm open (read: retired) to any time, day, or place.
Laz is not sure - may make it, there are no conflicts, as I'm retired. I no longer have much amazing HP gear, having let go of my Yamaha Orthos, and my Stax. A lot of my gear is packed or getting packed for moving, so that's an issue too. We'll see...
Typical Klipsch speakers are easy to drive.  I've been using a pair of Hereseys for some time now, and am told they do well with about ten watts of tube power.  I'm using them with seventy watts of high-current power, but the bass control is incredible.  A Marantz 1030 might do very well, or some other low-powered amp or receiver.  Low-powered receivers are especially easy to get cheap.   For connections, I have my wife's laptop and my Mac Mini connected to my main...
Laz might just come over from C-bad - haven't been to a Head-Fi meet in quite a while...
I'm in Carlsbad, and have been on Head-Fi for a long time.  Used to attend meets in Lawrence, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri.  A meet in New Mexico would be cool.  
You're depending on bestbuy.com for your information?  Let your ears decide.  No, really.  
Wired up the cheap chip amp pulled from a cheap pair of computer speakers to a pair of good speakers (Mission 70), a CD player, and a 6V lantern battery.  Amazing!  Made my day, but now I'm dreaming of a REAL chip amp...  
Sorry about your wallet, and why has it taken so long for someone to say that?   488.  Even headphones get old.  Everything gets old.
Just the 6112's in my Musical Fidelity X-10v3.