Posts by AgentXXL

I know the Chinese New Year holiday is responsible for the delay in the worldwide release, but the initial release was to China only, and they planned to have the first batch of X5s available between the release and Friday Jan. 31st, which is the start of the Chinese New Year for 2014. The official celebration is usually 15 days long, i.e. lasting until Feb. 14th, but a lot of companies and their staff shut down for almost a full month. That means that staff aren't back...
 Not quite sure - they had the big launch party, but someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they're delaying the release to make some changes. I haven't seen a comment from anyone at FiiO that confirms this though. Apparently the Chinese forums were all abuzz with suggestions about things they didn't like about the X5, so it's understandable if FiiO want to hold back the release to make some further changes. Regardless, I'm going to be patient and wait for the...
 VERY interested in hearing how the XC (that is the XC right?) pairs!! I'm hoping very well, because the XC is on my list for a high-end closed headphone. I love my HD800s but they aren't great to use in public spaces - the open design just lets too much sound out into the surrounding world. The XC looks beautiful! Let's hope those wood cups don't experience any cracking problems like the rosewood versions of the LCD-2. Dale
 Not quite - that's the original Lightspeed. There are 3 cables now on the LH menu: Lightspeed Jr - 1Gbit/s bandwidth, non-split design, retail $99 for 1m   Lightspeed 2G - 4Gbit/s bandwidth, split design - dual type A connectors - no spacers, est. retail $379 for 1m - IMAGE NOT ACTUAL CABLE, but representative of design:  Lightspeed - 10Gbit/s bandwidth, split design - dual type A connectors - with spacers, retail $999 for 1m  Dale
 End of March, more likely April. Dale (who can't sleep because he thought he heard reindeer on the roof)
 We all gave James a 'pass' on his naked run. After his health scare and having to spend some time in the hospital, I wouldn't even expect him to be running fully clothed!  Have a happy holiday season to all! Drive safe! Dale
 I responded by PM as I don't want this thread going off-track and getting closed, like it did once before. If I have inadvertently violated forum rules, the moderators are welcome to ban me. It was not my intention. I just wanted to offer an option that was similar to the OPs discussion - even if they weren't interested. I firmly believe that the Pulse will become a well respected product once it leaves the prototype stage it's currently at, but it won't be for everybody....
 That's correct - I've contributed 7 times for all the perks I want... Dale
 Have you tried deleting the media library/database and re-building? That solves a lot of issues... especially when a hardware reset won't. http://fiio.com.cn/support/detail.aspx?ID=100000037065714 Dale
 Yes, you get the standard SMPS (switch mode power supply) wall wart as well as the LPS, which is handy if you decide you want to take the Pulse 'on the road' with you. As for the weight of the Pulse, that's not yet determined. The design is not yet finalized. If you're not already a member of the 'Geek Force' go sign up at LHLabs.com and you too can have your input on the final design. It's getting close, but Larry Ho (the lead engineer) is amazingly open to...