Posts by AgentXXL

Running a bit late - be there soon. Dale
Just a quick update - my LH Labs Geek Pulse Infinity arrived so I'll be demo'ing it along with the companion LPS4 linear power supply. Unfortunately my Shure SE-846 IEMs have not arrived so I guess those will have to be items for the next meet. I also have some other LH Labs gear on order - the Geek Blue Bluetooth transfer with customized APTx codec, the Geek Source music server w/4TB of music storage, 60GB of SSD for OS and caching and lastly, the Geek Wave portable music...
Confirmed, they are indeed the older version of the over-the-ear Momentums.Dale
I think they are the older version but even so, I have no problem with them fitting over my ears and I have a fairly large head. Regardless, I'll dig up the manual to find out for sure.Dale
Just updated my gear list. I'll be bringing 2 more headphones and if they arrive in time, 1 more pair of IEMs. Headphones: Sennheiser Momentum Black over-the-ear Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250 ohm IEMs: Shure SE-846 (just ordered so hopefully they'll arrive in time) Dale aka AgentXXL
Hi all, I should be able to attend this one... I'm still off work on disability but my recovery from last year's neck surgery is improving. These are the items I hope to bring: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800 with custom modular cable Hifiman HE-560 with custom modular cable + both types of earpads Sennheiser Momentum Black over-the-ear Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250 ohm IEMs: Shure SE-530 Shure SE-215 Shure SE-846 (just ordered so may not arrive in...
Why go for 1.5TB when 2TB is already available?http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Wireless-Storage-Streaming-STCV2000100/dp/B00JSQV44SDale
Definitely go for the headphone 1st. You will notice the differences far more when changing headphones compared to most amps and DACs. Of course there are amps and DACs that will make sonic differences, but they are usually far less noticeable than when changing headphones. IMHO... Dale
Cool article! If I had the money and the time I'd love to upgrade my old LW5 and learn how to use the new version. Oh well, one can't have too many hobbies. Then again, listening to some light classical via my X3 while learning might be a fun way to merge two hobbies! Dale
 Only your ears can tell you this answer. Of course it's possible that using the CPU cores to both decode music and simulate a USB controller at the same time COULD cause issues to arise, the newer CPU architectures used in these devices seem fast enough. Again though, it all comes down to how your brain and ears perceive the output. The result for the X5 (and X3) is positive for many of us, but only you can make the decision for yourself. Dale