or Connect

Posts by kyuuketsuki

It looks like it will, but I'm unfamiliar with that brand and cable so I cannot say for certain. It does look good to me. Perhaps others can chime in as well. 
 ASG series use a westone 2 pin cable. Any should do. You can shop around... I have a Moon Audio for my ASG-2, I know FiiO makes some. As well as many other manufacturers.
 I use it primarily with my Nexus 5. But when I work out I hook them into my Rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip. Though I occasionally hook it into my Cowon J3 --> Arrow 4G combo.
 The 3 legged thing is an anchor for the IEMs. They keep them from falling out if they get pulled while being active. I have them on my everyday set (partially because they aren't bothering me and I'm too lazy to take them off and they do help if I get snagged)  They are removable, either entirely or to switch out with the antiloops. I prefer them both off for working out, it cuts down on irritation, and I opted for ear hooks which keep them stable in my ears...
 I wouldn't recommend doing that. They are water resistant (note I do not say waterproof, since that doesn't actually exist) to IP65. This means that to get that rating they were sprayed with a low pressure water jet at a certain distance for a certain amount of time. However they have the highest possible dust rating, which is something. But as for water, that is 5/8. So it does NOT protect against complete submersion. It can probably survive OK briefly, but it shouldn't...
So they got battered and drowned and still work? I think you just beat the Gallagher test.
 That... is complicated... The tips aren't silicone; they are a medical grade thermoplastic elastomer... So they have a lot of similar properties to rubber... Like they are sticky in nature. This causes them to grip your ear and stay in very well. This is usually a good thing. However, like rubber they also expand very easily under heat. So while under regular usage if the tip stays below the expansion point it stays on the housing of the IEM very well, if not... well then...
 Without directly comparing since it has been a spell since I last did a good listening session with RE400s... If anyone wants a completely direct comparison it will take a bit to really give the two a full rundown.Highs: RE400s slightly peakier and slightly better extended. However, the Rockets, though not as extended sound more natural. The Rockets are also far smoother. Neither are particularly fatiguing. The RE400s can get sibilant with the right music, while it seems...
 That is why I'm very happy with the compromise I found in the Aurisonic Rockets. Lightweight, minimalist footprint, great sound AND built like a tank. (Ok less a compromise more a perfect upgrade [for me] for my daily drivers)Also, a total aside I actually find the SE215s to be very comfortable. The only issue I ever had with them was the wire guide... But for me, the RE400s is still the best bang for buck IEM I've ever bought. I got them on sale for $80 including tax....
Looking forward to this. The T10i were fantastic, but not what I was looking for. So here's hoping for the same build with the right sound sig!