Posts by Snake Eyes

"Well of course, $1700 is just friggin insane, $1400 is perfectly reasonable." $1,700 insane??? If you think that's insane some guy offered to make me a pair of balanced cables for my HD800 for $4,000 ! Well I just looked into that and I was actually going to get 2 sets of cables for $4,000 not just 1 pair for my headphones. The ones I was going to get are made by some company called "Double Helix" or something. These cables are Spore interconnects (@ 2 metres) and...
Talking about Yngwie Malmsteem he did a song on one of the Guitars That Rule The World CD's that I think was called... well that's not important what it was called. I might as well listen to that CD tonight. Oh but then again I have to ring Korea but anyways about the Yngwie Malmsteem because of the song ("Leviathan") on that CD I bought one of his CD's and I was less than impressed and so took it back for an exchange.
  Alrighty then. I don't actually mind Savage Garden although it wasn't until about 10 years later that I found out the lead guy was queer .
Oh so RudiStor make headphones now? Maybe I should buy them to use with my RP-1000 amp but then again after buying that and the Edition 9's, HD800 and other stuff I can't afford to buy anything for a LONG time. Oh well there is always Christmas or next year after I buy that McIntosh MVP-881 and then buy balanced connections from the McIntosh to the RP-1000 and then balanced cables (same company) from my HD800 to the RP-1000....... that's about $20,000 right there (by...
Hello again Sovkiller. What do the jumpers look like and how do you set them?
I've got one of these (mine's silver though) and what is the configurable sound footprint? What's it for? Anyway should I get a preamp for it?
I saw something (from Japan I think) and you put a CD inside of it, turn it on and then it blasts the CD with light (they recommend only doing it twice at the most). Blasting the CD with light apparently gets rid of the air bubbles which makes the CD sound better . It cost something like $500 I think but I lost the website to it and I can't even remember the name . Does anyone know what I'm talking about???
NIB Sennheiser HD800's for sale? What is the NIB part?
I bought some RCA to balanced cables (Time-Portal cables), connected them to my CD player (RCA inputs) and then to my RP-1000 headphone amplifier (the balanced inputs on the back). I turn both the amplifier's and the CD player's volume up full bolt but I can only just barely hear a noise. I then reconnected my Van Den Hul L & R cables and everything's working again. Oh well I emailed the place where I got the RCA to balanced cables from because maybe there's something...
Because your GS1000's haven't arrived yet maybe they haven't even left the factory or whatever yet. If so you could cancel them and get the others. Maybe you could even send them back as soon as you get them. About my bad timing I just bought the Edition 9 headphones. Oh well I will just sell them and then buy the HD800 and the Edition 8. What about the new Grado one? Maybe that as well