Posts by Snake Eyes

I don't know if I will buy these new STAX's after all because last night I discovered a headphone that's been right under my nose all this time. They're so different than the HD800's in a sense that listening to them you hear things that you didn't hear via the HD800's so you go back to the HD800's just to make sure. The sounds are there in the Sennheiser's BUT... the sounds that stood out in the other headphone sound so veiled and quite via the Sennheiser's. It's so...
  As a matter of fact I got a loan when I bought my Rudistor RP-1000 MkII amp and I got no weird stares but then again it all means more money for the greedy banks. For example get a loan for 18,000 and you will probably have to pay back $22,000 or more (+ more if you don't pay it back in time). In other words it's better to just save up for a while because think of all the things you could buy for $4,000. Oh well because of this new STAX headphone I will probably now...
"Well of course, $1700 is just friggin insane, $1400 is perfectly reasonable." $1,700 insane??? If you think that's insane some guy offered to make me a pair of balanced cables for my HD800 for $4,000 ! Well I just looked into that and I was actually going to get 2 sets of cables for $4,000 not just 1 pair for my headphones. The ones I was going to get are made by some company called "Double Helix" or something. These cables are Spore interconnects (@ 2 metres) and...
Talking about Yngwie Malmsteem he did a song on one of the Guitars That Rule The World CD's that I think was called... well that's not important what it was called. I might as well listen to that CD tonight. Oh but then again I have to ring Korea but anyways about the Yngwie Malmsteem because of the song ("Leviathan") on that CD I bought one of his CD's and I was less than impressed and so took it back for an exchange.
  Alrighty then. I don't actually mind Savage Garden although it wasn't until about 10 years later that I found out the lead guy was queer .
Oh so RudiStor make headphones now? Maybe I should buy them to use with my RP-1000 amp but then again after buying that and the Edition 9's, HD800 and other stuff I can't afford to buy anything for a LONG time. Oh well there is always Christmas or next year after I buy that McIntosh MVP-881 and then buy balanced connections from the McIntosh to the RP-1000 and then balanced cables (same company) from my HD800 to the RP-1000....... that's about $20,000 right there (by...
Hello again Sovkiller. What do the jumpers look like and how do you set them?
I've got one of these (mine's silver though) and what is the configurable sound footprint? What's it for? Anyway should I get a preamp for it?
I saw something (from Japan I think) and you put a CD inside of it, turn it on and then it blasts the CD with light (they recommend only doing it twice at the most). Blasting the CD with light apparently gets rid of the air bubbles which makes the CD sound better . It cost something like $500 I think but I lost the website to it and I can't even remember the name . Does anyone know what I'm talking about???
NIB Sennheiser HD800's for sale? What is the NIB part?