Posts by Snake Eyes

I was going to buy one of those but now I'm not too sure because of the frequency response, 5Hz-20KHz. What's wrong with that? Well I was meant to buy the SR-009 with that amplifier but those things (SR-009's) have a frequency response of 5-42,000Hz. There is a 22Khz difference between the 2 so would it be a good match after all or should I buy an amplifier that can match the frequency response of the SR-009???
Does your wife have any sisters???
You don't like Rudistor do you?
Yeah I already knew the RP1000 wouldn't work for the SR-009 so it looks like I might as well get rid of it. It's just nice to know the SR-009 is balanced and so I don't need to worry about having 2 cables going into the amplifier, at least from the headphones.
Alrighty then does that mean the SR-009 can't be balanced?
Can the Stax SR-009 be recabled??? I ask this because I was going to get the BHSE with the Alps RK50 but when I e-mailed Justin about it he said the 2 ins on the front are for 2 Stax jacks. What are Stax jacks? A L and R? I ask this because Double Helix make balanced cables but theirs have one L and one R. That'll work for the front of my RP1000 but then again it won't work because that's not an electrostatic amp (the RP1000), that's why I need to buy the BHSE and will...
Orpheus HE90. Only because I can't afford those just yet. But then again what about the R10's........ The problem with those as well as the HE90's is more that they're hard to find than the price they're selling for. Has anyone got either one that they're willing to sell?????????
Oh okay... different frequency response. The thing I don't like about the HD800's is that everything sounds so distant but then again it's probably my CD player, amplifier, both or that I don't have them balanced. Oh well Christmas time and I will have a new source, amplifier + those new STAX headphones and hopefully that will satisy me. If not the search continues . Anyway about the guy I know who claims he can get them for a lot cheaper I just have to wait for his...
I don't know if I will buy these new STAX's after all because last night I discovered a headphone that's been right under my nose all this time. They're so different than the HD800's in a sense that listening to them you hear things that you didn't hear via the HD800's so you go back to the HD800's just to make sure. The sounds are there in the Sennheiser's BUT... the sounds that stood out in the other headphone sound so veiled and quite via the Sennheiser's. It's so...
  As a matter of fact I got a loan when I bought my Rudistor RP-1000 MkII amp and I got no weird stares but then again it all means more money for the greedy banks. For example get a loan for 18,000 and you will probably have to pay back $22,000 or more (+ more if you don't pay it back in time). In other words it's better to just save up for a while because think of all the things you could buy for $4,000. Oh well because of this new STAX headphone I will probably now...