or Connect

Posts by chicolom

Set it like it looks in the picture below. Most people prefer the "DH2" medium setting of dolby heapdhone, myself included.  DH1 is also OK, but I would NOT recommend DH3 as it's a reverby mess. You may not need the O2 amp, but if you already have it and would like to use it I would recommend sticking a cheap optical DAC like the FiiO D03K in between the Xonar and the O2.  Otherwise you will be "double amping" the headphone jack of the Xonar, which bottleneck the sound a...
Any new surround sound DSPs come out?   Are the new Creative devices (X7, G5, etc) still rocking the old SBX Pro?  I see them mentioning "7.1" surround now, but I imagine that's a pretty meh upgrade since surround DSPs are already pretty smooth panning and more like "50.1"
  I'm still around.  Still rocking the Fidelio X2s as my main headphones.  My only new audio purchases have been $5 VE Monk earbuds and a $15 Xiaomi Piston 3 IEM.   .......Anything new I should know about?? 
You can't go wrong with the X1 for $169.99. I'd be very happy with that purchase The K7XX is going to sound extremely similar/identical to the K702 anniversary, which is mentioned and compared heavily to the X1 in this review.
Thanks
Hi, I'm selling my Fidelio X1 headphones. In excellent condition - I've babied them hard.  Comes with all original stuffs; hard box, cable, adapter, etc.  SOLD!, paypal fees covered.
Fostex TH900 are good...
 I imagine the HD700 would be superior in soundstage and imaging.  The HE400s at least, were decent, but lagged behind headphones like the Q701 in that regard.  I haven't heard the HE400i though.
  The Q701 is a good upgrade from the AD700.  Not really an upgrade in soundstage, but an upgrade in overall sound quality and signature for sure.  I went from AD700 -> Q701 and I was very happy with the upgrade. I think it would be difficult to rank ALL headphones in order from worst to best soundstage, especially as I (and probably no one else) has heard all the headphones on the list.  I think some kind of star rating for the soundstage would be more...
Check out MusicBee. My favorite.Clean and simple, but really powerful as well, if you need it.getmusicbee.com/