Posts by kchew

EML 5U4G, Tung Sol 6SN7 BGRP and Tung Sol 5998.
Merry Christmas to all Woozies from GMT +8.  
Attendee List (copy & paste & insert your equipments) alamakazam - Iriver AK100 , Korg MR-2, Laptop, Fostex T50RP, Xiaomi Piston , Yamaha YH-1, Calyx Coffee USB DAC   Lceaucx (headfi) - Geek Out 450 DAC/AMP, Oppo PM-1 and Sennheiser HD650   kchew - Laptop, MSAK120, Dynalo amp, JH Roxanne, one or two headphones (haven't decided which to bring)
Congrats Badas! If you think the Woo with stock tubes sounds great, you'll be in for a treat with NOS tubes.
On the subject of Brimar tubes, I'll try to find the time to do a shootout with what I have. I have the clear glass black base, clear glass brown base and black glass brown base. If I'm up to it I'll throw in the B65 (clear and grey glass) as well.
At a local headphone meet, I let a Crack owner try my GEC 6AS7 on his amp. After warming up for 15 mins and listening for another 2 mins, he promptly turned it off and returned my tube. He told me it was so good that if he listened any more, he would have to empty his wallet and get one himself. I'm still hunting for a rounded-base pair, but I do not look forward to finding out how much they cost now...
Congrats on getting the WA22 and WE422, they are a great combination! What other driver and power tubes will you be using with them?
Pretty good actually. Very detailed and quite neutral. I'm a bit annoyed that the tubes are of different construction though; one has straight slots instead of round holes on the plates, and is shorter than the other. I'm currently speaking to the seller to see if I can get a pair with same construction.
Some funny looking tubes just came in.  
 To be honest I wasn't sure HXD was enabled when I was listening, and I didn't play around with it. Sorry I can't help you there.