Posts by Nocturnal310

So W30 arrived.         Will be doing a full comparison review with W3 later but my initial impressions:   2 most important strengths of W30: Stereo Imaging & Refinement across the whole spectrum.   Bass: The bass is very good but more refined than W3 which means I can clearly hear difference between heavy piano keys and drumkits. I can see why many stated bass to be less but its not less, it is more separated and not as one muddy hump. Its def not overpowering...
I tried my QC25 with ibasso 2 boa and man.quite a big improvement ...bass no longer feels thin and vocals come out more.     QC25 def need good amplification ...but at the same time..they sound better on flights somehow on those crappy inflight output jacks.
so mine are arriving tomorrow.  how do W30 perform edm music? is the bass too thin to give feeling of a sub-woofer? W3 had more than enough bass i felt and could have used some refinement without losing emphasis on bass.  i will be mainly listening to these on Cowon j3
thanks. i did read a lot and finally ended up ordering W30. i hope the bass is detailed but not thumpy and exhausting on ears.
price is not an issue..but i wanted something flagship
considconsidering that my other choice is IE80, which has bouncier cables ....i was thinking W30 might be a better choice. i am not a big fan of dynamic IEMs as they compromise isolation and push air into the ears..kinda fatiguing.
bump
im considering W30 for my W3 replacements..   i have question....is the cable completely replaceable?   and does the iphone remote in cable affect sound quality ?     my W3 have twice had issue of cable wear and tear as I use them a lot in gym.
So my Westone 3 finally died after more than 4 years..i wont complain about durability as I used them at gym a lot ..so all that sweat, tugging, finally got cable connection to wear off.   Westone is offering me W30 at a discounted price as a gesture of loyalty but I am intrigued by IE80 also.   Is there anything IE80 does better than W30?    Looking for opinions on following topics:   1. Microphonics....i want minimum sound transferred through cabling...as i move...
have worked part time in kitchen and host dinners for friends and cook a lot for family and friends..   will post pics of some stuff i have cooked later.