or Connect

Posts by JK1

Perhaps all your future earphones should have a standard right angle 3 conductor plug, and include something like this(but with a right angle plug) in the package.   https://www.amazon.com/Maxell-190397-HP-22-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B001UAEVY0/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1480875219&sr=1-1&keywords=Maxell+HP22
What do you plan to use this with? If you pick something that has a mic and remote, it will be good for use with a phone or a Fiio player which is designed to properly handle a 4 conductor plug. To use it with sources designed to only accept a 3 conductor plug though will require the use of an adapter. The Sony MDR XB50 looks interesting for those who want extra bass and can use something with a 4 conductor plug. Sony makes a version without the mic and remote that has a 3...
Releasing the X1 V2 with such primitive firmware was an extreme gamble for Fiio. While many expect that the firmware issues will be resolved within just a few months, their failure to get the M3 firmware to a satisfactory level a year after its release has left a bitter taste in the mouths of M3 buyers such as myself. We are now in no rush to buy the latest models from Fiio, and will wait until the firmware is satisfactory before buying new Fiio models. Since Fiio has so...
The sound of the M3 is good, however the player won't properly play back songs in order by track number. The buttons on the M3 are not so great, and the small font used makes the screen hard to read. The M3 is also fussy about which card you use in it. my M3 had trubles with a class 10 Transcend card, but works fine with a Sandisk class 10 card. My fiio x1 V1 has a screen that is easy to read, and good controls. its firmware works fine. The main things I don't like about...
Some people such as myself get overheating ears when using closed headphones, so we use IEMs instead. IEMs are also nice since they can be put in a jacket pocket together with a player when not in use. IEMs are probably on average around half the cost of headphones for the same sound quality, however the headphones tend to last longer.
Imo Bose earphones fall into the category of "super expensive" for what they are.
I like the Soundmagic ES18 very much. It is only around $15.
Is this for use with a phone or a Fiio player? If so, the Fiio EM3 for just $10 is a great bargain. Many have a problem with traditional earbuds falling out of their ears while they are active. For use while active, the JVC HAEB75  has adjustable  rubber ear hooks that will keep the earphones on your ears. The EM3 sounds much better than the HAEB75, as the HAEB75 is bass deficient. When I use the HAEB75, I boost the bass by 10 db on my player's equilizer. Most high quality...
Probably not, unless the volume is excessively loud, or it sounds distorted. Your ears are more likely to be damaged from excessive sound than are most headphones.
IEMs vary greatly as far as comfort, and changing the tips can often make them much more comfortable. IEMs take time to get used to. Initially I hated them. now I like them. The IEMs that I find to typically be the most comfortable are those with an ergonomic design, with the nozzles coming out from near the edge at an angle. Like this one for example. Since the Fiio EX1 is ported though, its isolation isn't great, although the ports improve the sound...