Posts by JK1

The Pentel Graphgear 500, Graphgear 1000, and Kerry  are available at many art supply stores. Even Staples has the Pentel P200 series pencils. They also have the basic Uni Kurutoga pencil. If someone is on a very tight budget, and wants a pencil that feels like great quality in the hand, the Pentel Graphgear 500 is great. My only complaint about it is that the sharp point isn't retractable. It has nice weight to it, but has a low center of gravity, making writing for long...
"I can't believe you replied to this thread... I started this thread almost 10 years ago...."   The irony is that many excellent pencils available now were available 10 years ago. The Kerry and a number of the Rotrings for example, as well as the Pentel Sharp  P200 series. I just looked at the Pentel P207 that I bought while I was in college 35 years ago(yes, I am old :( ) and the ones sold now seem exactly the same. The Kerry has changed a bit. It now says since 1971 on...
I'm a Pentel fan. I particularly like the Graphgear 1000 and the Kerry. The Kerry has a unique two piece design. The cap when removed fits on the back of the pencil. The Graphgear 1000 has a retractable tip. Both have a nice weight to them, although the center of gravity on the Graphgear 1000 is a bit higher than I would like. The Pentel Graphgear 500 has a lower center of gravity, but has a nice amount of weight in the lower part of the Pencil. The Graphgear 500 doesn't...
Keep in mind that the Clip Jam is intended to compete against the ipod Shuffle, so in that regard it is still so much better. The trouble is that a Clip+ or Clip Zip is so much better than the ipod Nano in many ways, and the Clip Jam is far inferior to a Rockboxed Clip+ or Clip Zip except perhaps for battery life.
The Clip Jam has the limitations of the Clip Sport.   http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Sandisk-Clip-Jam/td-p/339188
If you must stay under $50 each, then get the JVC HAS400. It is only around $25. It does not seem like a $25 headphone though. It seems very solidly built, and has excellent sound quality. If you can spend a bit more than $50, then get the Sony 7506(or V6, which is basically the same headphone). The 7506 is a favorite of radio stations, and movie and tv production as it sounds very natural and is extremely durable. I had a V6 that worked fine for over 25 years, however...
Do you want sound isolation, or do you want to hear your surroundings?
I use the JVC HAEB75 while i am active. It has pleasant sounding treble, however it is bass deficient. If I boost the bass on my player by around 8 db, it is good enough for casual listening while I am active. It is sweat and water resistant. It has adjustable ear hooks so it stays on my ears. It is open, so I can hear my surroundings. it is under 410, however it sounds remarkable good(with the player bass boosted around 8 db or so) considering its low price. I use it with...
Be careful if you plan to use something that isolates. If you are running near or through traffic, then you should use something open and keep the volume low, so that you can hear what is going on around you. 
Which "earbuds" did you try? Some IEMs (in the ear isolating earphones) isolate better than an headphone can. The Etymotics for example are known for great isolation.