Posts by JK1

How about the Sony XBA-C10?   http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-xba-c10-balanced-armature-in-earphone-white/reviews/13820
"Coming to BA IEMs, have you heard the XBA-C10? Could you please describe it's sonic capabilities and  compare them (or your XBA-1) to what Soundmagic has to offer. I know I've bombarded you with questions. I thank you for all the help!"   I haven't heard the XBA-C10. I have the XBA-1 though, which uses the same drivers as the XBA-C10, however their enclosures are shaped differently. The XBA-1 and XBA-C10 have better midrange detail than the Soundmagic ES18. The ES18...
"Assuming that you've heard both of them, what is the difference between both of them?"   I haven't heard both. Those that have say they are very similar in sound, and might even use the same drivers. The E10 has a metal enclosure, while the ES18 has a plastic enclosure. The E10 has a better cord, although I have never had any problem with the ES18 cord or build quality. I have several IEMs and and happy with the ES18, and had no desire to buy the E10 since it is much...
I think some said the harshness and sibilance mostly went away with burn in. Before returning it, try playing it at a somewhat loud level for 100 hours in a row, then check how it sounds.
"around $40-$50/ INR 2000"   INR 2000 = $29.30 US   I have the Soundmagic ES18 and like it very much. Many say it sounds very much like the E10 but is much less expensive.   The Soundmagic E80 has gotten great reviews, however I guess it is too expensive.   For classical music you might prefer a balanced armature IEM. BA drivers have great midrange detail, although some complain they don't give enough bass. The Sony XBA-C10 is a low priced BA IEM. I have the Sony...
I would like to see such combos offered by your US dealers on a regular basis.   When will US dealers have the EX1 II?
A portable player isn't just about sound quality and price, but also battery life, size and weight, capacity(not just the maximum storage the player can accommodate, but also the maximum number of songs the database holds)and the user interface. Included with user interface is how ergonomic the controls are, how customizable the player is, how easy it is to make playlists on the player itself(whether an album at a time can be added to the playlist).   That is why many...
You seem to be forgetting that European countries add a large percetage VAT tax(is it around 17% or so?)This is built into the retail price. While some other manufacturers might be willing to "eat" the vat tax, and price their goods lower to European dealers than to US dealers, most probably won't be willing to do this.
You want a fix within 12 days? That sounds like an unreasonable request.
If you think EU electronics prices are high, some emerging market countries put huge luxury taxes on electronics that might even double the price or more!