Posts by JK1

I assume you remembered to set the usb mode on the player to MSC?
Did you try holding down the power button for at least 30 seconds?
Which color is best, blue, green, or red? Let's debate it. 8) I say blue is best, followed by green and then red. 8)  While many will disagree about which headphones are best at each price point, or if a certain $200 headphone is that much better than a certain $100 headphone to justify double the price. How much better should it be for double the price? Some might even prefer the sound of the cheaper one. Often when people ask which headphone to buy, I might suggest a...
Wow. You guys in Holland are paying some ridiculously high prices for some things. 20 euros is over $25.      25 euros is $31.62 it is around $13 on Amazon.
Sell the HAFX101? What could you get for a used one? A new one is only around $13. What would someone pay for a used one?
Once you hear the Soundmagic ES18. you probably won't want to use the HAFX101 again. As for JVC low priced IEMs, the HAFX40 is interesting, and much better than the HAFX101. I did extensive burn in on the HAFX101 and the HAFX40.
"But, I'm new to the game, and the knowledge and experience most of the Head-fi people have blows me away! "   Many of us have experience since we are old. 8)   I bought my first decent headphone, the Sony V6 over 25 years ago. The problem is that once you get used to decent sound, you will keep wanting higher quality sound. In the late 90s I saw the legendary Sony MDRCD3000 headphones on sale and bought it. I was disappointed by it. Not that it didn't sound good, as...
Most people at first aren't used to IEMs. It takes a while to get used to them. Imo they are the best way to get isolation though, and avoid overheating ears which many get by using isolating headphones. One can also get much higher quality sound for the same price by using IEMs rather than headphones. I suggest people start with a great inexpensive IEM, the $12 Soundmagic ES18. Once they get used that, then they should consider buying some more expensive IEMs. I have...
The Grados leak substantially. I had the original SR60 and SR80. I got rid of them as the treble was too aggressive, and the sound didn't seem natural. The treble on the SR60 hurt my ears at times.    For use in the library I suggest an IEM(in the ear isolating earphone). Headphones that isolate well make my ears overheat.    For detail, you might want to get a balanced armature IEM. I have the Sony XBA-1. It was originally around $80, but now sells for around $25....
What are you looking for in a headphone? I have been using the Sony V6 for over 25 years, however recently I rarely use it.