Posts by JK1

"Yes I suppose that line of thinking does have to eventually factor in how much money you make, but I don't think the ZX1 and similar are so expensive that they are in "only for millionares" territory or anything like that. '   First of all, the term "millionaire" is overused. Besides which, I define "millionaire" as someone who has over $1 million a year in after tax income. I do not fall into this category. The best mp3 players don't seem to be that much better than...
I disagree. Driver size makes a big difference as far as the soundstage, and the ability to handle deep bass. I have had many headphones over the past 25 years, and have noticed a great difference between those with 50mm drivers and those with 40mm drivers. That isn't to say that all 50mm driver headphones are better than all 40mm ones, however everything else being equal, the larger driver headphones(and IEMs) do produce better sound especially when it comes to deep bass...
I just looked up the ZX600. Only 40mm drivers vs 50mm on the ZX700. Totally different design as well.  The ZX700 got good reviews though, and I was thinking about buying it.
Wow! "Just for the record, Brazil's minimum wage is around US$293" Is that per week? I hope that isn't per month.
Many consider portable to mean that both the player and the earphones fit in a shirt pocket.
It is probably similar to the Koss KSC75.    http://www.ciao.co.uk/JVC_HA_E200__Review_5541036
Soundmagic ES18 $13.   This is really great. 
No, it is in the firmware for some players. For example, Rockbox has it. I use the crossfeed on my $35 Rockboxed Clip+.
I just noticed a great deal on a Sony headphone, but it won't tell me the shipping cost to Brazil. Can you buy the Sony ZX700 at a good price locally?   http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/756186-REG/Sony_MDRZX700_MDR_ZX700_Stereo_Headphones.html
I'm curious. How much does the Sennheiser HD380 pro cost in Brazil? It is $106 on Amazon in the US. It used to be $200 here a few years ago.