Posts by JK1

Does the Shuffle sound better than the Jam? I doubt it. I have the Clip Sport, Clip+, and Clip Zip. Using 256kbps mp3 files, these sound great. I haven't heard any Apple players, so I can't comment on their sound quality from personal experience. Based on what I have read on the net though, it seems the Shuffle and Nano sound quality are around on par with the Clip+, Clip Zip, Clip Sport, and Clip Jam. "No I meant cost saving over the clip and zip. Which if you already...
"Why "so much better" than the Shuffle?"   The Clip Jam has a radio(no radio in the Shuffle), 8GB built in(only 2GB in the Shuffle), a display(no display on the Shuffle),and a card slot(no card slot on the Shuffle). I don't have the Clip Jam, but do have a Clip Sport(in addition to Clip+ and Clip zip players). The Clip Sport is built on the same platform as the Clip Jam, except that the Clip Sport has a larger display that is in color, and a larger battery(for 25 hours...
Many of the new players are like the fiio X1 or even more expensive versions of it, with from 9 to 11 hours of battery life. There is the Cowon X9 with 110 hour battery life! it is around $165(white) or $180(black) . I think it might be discontinued, but still seems to be available.Then there are some players with 32GB but no card slot like the Cowon Iaudio 9+ for around $133 which has only around 29 hours of battery life. sony has a player with a card slot and around 50...
That seems very expensive for earbuds with hooks. I like the JVC HA-EB75 earbuds with hooks. It is under $13 and has decent enough highs and midrange for when I am active. For the price it is a great deal. As for the bass, I boost the bass 8 db on the player, and the bass is decent enough while I am active. I keep the volume low so I can still hear my surroundings. I haven't tried the Sennheiser earbuds with ear hooks, as those would have been the next to try if the...
I hate running out of power when i want to listen to music. Without power there is no music. When i am walking around I can't plug it in, except to a usb battery pack, and that must have power in it. 
How much battery life are you actually getting from your X1? Do you use it with an external usb battery pack, or do you find it is enough? I am satisfied with Rockboxed Sandisk Clip+ and Clip Zip players, except for the battery life. The battery life on the X1 seems to be even less  than the 15 or so hours they give. Does the X1 have a metal or plastic case, or is it a combination of the two? I wonder if Rockbox will become available for Fiio players. I want to become a...
I know. 50 hours isn't that great compared to the Cowon M2, which is listed as having 90 hours of battery life. Cowon made another player(I forgot the model number) which has 110 hours of battery life.Of course there is the Sony SRF-59 radio which gets 100 hours of play time on one AA battery. I could carry a few spare batteries with me for huge battery life. 
If you can still find Sennheiser MX580 at a reasonable price you should get one. It is so much better than the MX500. It has much better detail and much better bass. 
The Fiio players have only around 11 hours or so of battery life. The main reason I would ever consider buying a Cowon player is for the very long battery life.some of them have. The Cowon M2 is listed as having up to 90 hours of battery life, and has a card slot. It is $162. If it was under $100 I would have probably bought it. I like using Rockboxed Sandisk Clip+ and Clip Zip as they are tiny, inexpensive, sound very nice, and have a card slot. The downside to them is...
I have the Clip Sport which is built on the same platform as the Clip Jam. The Clip Jam is very similar to the Clip Sport except that the Jam has a smaller battery(18 hours vs 25 hours of battery life) and the Jam has a smaller display which can't show album art, while the Sport can show album art. There is no Rockbox for either. Both players are limited to 2,000 songs internal memory, and 2,000 songs card memory. The card memory is in a separate database from the main...