Posts by DaMavs

Most people seem to think it's someone's "wish list" rather than anything real from Nikon. Some interesting lenses on there though if they were true...
FWIW, I found the software compatibility of the MGS4 80GB w/PS2 games very hit and miss. I think we ran around 50:50 as to PS2 games that were playable - some slowed to a stand still in action intensive scenes, others just froze. Some played fine though. As a result we just built up our PS3 game collection quickly and skip most of the PS2 games now... I'd check out inFamous and Killzone 2 from the '09 releases, but a lot depends on what games you like - lots of...
Quote: Originally Posted by KONAKONA Ahem, anyway. It looks like sony dropped a few BILLION dollars into licensing for GT5, and it's starting to look interesting. I forgot how much PS3s are, but I just might end up saving up for one. Maybe. I don't think there's a release date yet for GT5 - 'course Burnout Paradise is a fun driving game that can help you pass the time while you wait for GT - granted it's a much different driving experience than...
Neither are authorized internet resellers according to Audio Technica's web site: Audio-Technica - Microphones, headphones, wireless microphone systems, noise-cancelling headphones & more : AUTHORIZED INTERNET RESELLERS I have no idea how stringent AT is about enforcing purchases from authorized resellers if you have a warranty issue, but between those 2 it wouldn't matter. In my experience both have a pretty good rep, although I've probably bought more off J&R over...
Quote: Originally Posted by dyrmaker83 Nope, it's unavailable everywhere (in the US at least). Apparently you can luck out and get one occasionally at local shops...for $50 more. Sounds like a lot of lenses are currently unavailable. Lots of folks waiting on the 35/1.8 at Nikon Cafe (and thanks to someone here who recommended that site - it's been another enjoyable, yet expensive timesink for me ). There's an interesting read at LensRental...
A co-worker recently told me he'd gotten his son a Zune 120 for Xmas & the son got it to work on his Mac w/o issue. Unfortunately I don't know the details on how, but it's definitely possible to do.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gberg And that case mentioned above, would it protect the cups from scratch damage as well? The AT case shown above should do a great job of portaging the ESW9's scratch free. It is a rigid case so you can put the headphones in a backpack etc. and not worry about them being crushed or scratched by books or whatever. I use the case to transport between home and work and have no issues w/scratches or damage. It's not...
Sennheiser PX-100's would be a good candidate if you're looking to move away from IEM/buds. They're fairly lightweight and thus comfortable, sound much better than stock iPod IEMs and are in your budget. 'Course they're not w/o downside depending on usage, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by tintin47 ...so what I want to know is whether the ATH esw9s are good all rounders, specifically ROCK phones or would the 7 be the better choice. I haven't heard the ES7, but I have no complaints with the ESW9's for rock. My understanding is they are more laid back and "warmer" than the 7's so I guess it depends on which sound signature you'd prefer. Personally I find the ESW9's very non-fatiguing which is important in...
Audiogon is a pretty solid source for equipment: AudiogoN high end audio auctions, classifieds, hifi chat They don't seem to have a headphone category but searching on "headphone" yields a fair number of results in a variety of categories. It's unlikely you'll find bargains there, but for that hard to find piece it's a good place to monitor...