Posts by mxs1030

Quote: Originally Posted by BradH Ok that makes a lot more sense now. In short, if you have newer HD650's than you want the v2 cable. If you have older HD650's, you want the v1. If you swap them around, the connector will be either too big or too small. Not to drag this thread on, but is there an easy way to identify newer vs. older HD650's? When did the new design go into production? Not sure if this helps much, but I uploaded some...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jahn You want to hear bad? My wife's name is absolutely butchered on her Social Security Card. I might as well say what it is because it isn't even REMOTELY close to her actual name. For some reason her folks said her name and the social security folk heard it as the following - "Yea N. A. Do" no joke. I keep telling her to take care of it because it is a pain in the rear every time we have to use it for documentation, but...
I bought a pair of HD414 pads from him, shipping was fast and the transaction was easy. Couldn't ask for more from a seller . Thank you
I'll make this short: I was born in China, moved to the US when I was 5, and unbeknownst to me until recently, my legal name is still my Chinese name. A lawyer would cost a ton of $, searching google brought up a name-change form I can buy for $40 or so. Is anyone here familiar with getting a name change if your birthplace is outside the US? Any information/links would be great, I've tried searching google but I'm having a hard time finding relevant information....
Actually I'm sending in my V2 to be reterminated/replaced by the V1 connecters. I called Zu Cable about this a week ago and their response was that some of the later made HD650s have smaller connector housings than the early batches, so that was the reasoning behind the smaller V2 connectors ( since the V1s WOULD not fit into the newer HD650s ). Unfortunately for me, my HD650 is one of the older runs, so the V2s will not fit snugly at all. In short - Yes, I prefer the...
I've thought it over and decided to just sell these. So.................. SOLD! Thanks for the interests.
this is where I waste most of my time.
Having owned both versions, and soon owning the V1s again; I can safely say that there is no audio difference between the cables.
For the members who've PMed me regarding the PURCHASE of the headphones, they have already been dibbed by a member earlier. Trades are still welcome. - Winston
Well, I've only had these for a few days, but I just can't see myself getting much use out of them. I prefer my HD650 for my home rig, and they're too $$$ to use on my portable rig. Originally purchased from Pete7 for $260. Excellent condition, only used a few hours since I've received them. Included is: Original box w/ signed John Grado autograph, set of bowl pads, set of HD414(vwap) pads, 1/4th-1/8th adapter, and the Grado HF-1 headphone (of course ). I'm...