or Connect

Posts by KyPeN

Right, but that's precisely my point!  I'm not that engineer.  I have my own tastes.  I made a change that I like.  I don't really care what the engineers intended at all, and that's my profession.  I care that they built a robust product that functions like I want and expect.  The K701 didn't.  Then, I modded it.  Now it does.  I'm happy, despite the engineers' intentions.  
I see your point and where you're going with this.  In general, I agree with you.  However, I did the AKG K701 bass mod.  The process is to open up the side of each earphone and remove a small sticker that is blocking airflow to a bass port.  I'm sure it's there for a reason.  I know that it gives the headphone the sound signature they desire.  However, I really enjoy the boomy, thumpy bass it gives the headphone.     My point is, I changed something that is an integral...
You can very easily tell which is a fazor vs. not by just rubbing your finger along the inside of the earcup.  If it feels very metallic with harsh edges, they're Fazored.  If you have to ask yourself if you feel it or not, then you don't, and they're "classic."     Ultimately, they'll be very very similar.  If you like the sound of the LCD series, LCD 2.2, 3C, and 3F will give you very much the same sound.  3C and 3F are very close and the difference is subtle, but...
Berus,   There is a very cheap O2 amplifier on Massdrop right now that will enable you to save cash for something "more" in the future.  I'm of the camp that a proper amplifier makes the sound louder and doesn't change the output from the DAC (which, in turn, doesn't change the sound from the source).  Look at an O2 (which you can also get in a dac/amp combo) or possibly one of the Audio-GD dac/amp combos. You can easily spend <$400 and any of those or similar solutions...
Whelp, mine are back from Audeze and sound great.  I'm going to baby these things so hard.  Hopefully this is the last time I have to comment on this thread or any like it...
My LCD-3Fs have returned from Audeze after their second left driver failure in a year.  Audeze CS was polite and easy to work with as always.  After they shipped back, I probed a bit and asked if there was anything I could do to prevent this from happening in the future.  I was told the following (not directly quoting so I don't get in trouble and not mentioned the CS rep's name): 1)  The diaphragm is very thin and fragile. 2)  They often don't know why this happens at...
You're probably correct.  No harm in trying.  If nothing else, Audeze can see that we, as a community, are aware of the issue, it's affecting their bottom line, and hopefully make some internal changes.  This poll might only be a stepping stone to narrowing it down.  Fazor vs. non-fazor would be interesting.  Maybe BLOCKS of serial numbers so no one has to post their full number, avoiding any legal issues?   I think customer awareness is important around reliability of...
I just got a response from Audeze after a couple correspondences and their representative was very polite, as always.  They will be paying my roundtrip shipping costs for the repair and she assured me they would diagnose the root cause of the problem and get back to me.
To what end:  To get them to revise their production strategy.  It won't be the first time.  Back in 2009, they had driver failures with LCD3s, halted production, and fixed it.  See the comments here. QC is a helluva beast.  Hell, it's my job, but in software.  However, a company has a very limited budget and QC is entirely a function of diminishing returns that hits real hard, real fast.  So, they have to prioritize the most important issues.  If they think that these...
You're not wrong.  Also, more people looking for help, tech support, or to see if this is common will be drawn to the thread.  Happy folks are enjoying their LCD3s, not reading about them! As of right now, the poll is at 34 votes:  8 single, 9 double, and 2 triple or more replacements.  By my count, that's 32 RMAs minimum out of 34 votes.  Not a good ratio, no matter how you slice it or who is regularly on the forum and voting. This is costly for both Audeze and users.  I...