Posts by KyPeN

Mark, That was my setup.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I really enjoyed your T1s as well.  I agree with your assessment of the post mod AKGs and think it really makes them a lot more fun.  The K701s (or their brethren the Q701/2, etc.) can be had for about $200-$240 in the for sale forums pretty regularly.  Here is the bass mod and here is my little tutorial on re-wiring the K701s which includes removing of the grill to perform the mod.  Have fun! Cheers,Justin
My mistake.  Typo. Can you define how an amp make the sound better?  How did you do the comparison?  Blind?  Same pair of headphones with levels matched across the amplifiers using the same source?  If so, you should drop the $300 (or so) for the NFB-12, buy whatever amp is "clearly better," and collect your check.  
 This is hilarious to me for multiple reasons.  First of all, they're subtly trash talking their own "lower" end products.  Secondly, what does soldering the chip directly on the board have to do with anything at all?  The leads on the board are going to be so much thinner than any connection, by definition.  Strong solder points have nothing to do with sound or affecting performance at all.  It has everything to do with creating a strong connection so if you move your...
I got to hear a lot of really great stuff.  Thanks everyone for making it so enjoyable and to Gil for organizing.  Some of my personal impressions:   HD-800:  Exactly what I expected from reading.  Incredibly detailed and analytic with incredible bass depth and wide sound stage.  That, combined with them being one of the most comfortable cans that have ever graced my giant mellon made them highly desirable in my eyes.  Only running off a Bottlehead Crack too.  Very...
[deleted]
Let me start this off by stating that I understand that switching between a high end amp and a perfectly capable "low end" amp makes no discernible difference, despite (potentially) superior specs.  Same with DACs, cables, etc.  I'm currently listening to my LCD-3s on a $300 (a couple years ago) Audio GD NGD-12 via USB to Spotify and compared it side-by-side with a $4000 McIntosh and heard no difference.  I get that.     However, I got to thinking if anyone has done any...
A scary music thread has no place being devoid of Devil Doll.       Wikipedia Link     Mr. Doctor made a truly terrifying series of records that, after listening, make me feel both empty and fulfilled simultaneously.  After listening, other music sounds like it's missing an element of heart.  The symphony, the layers, the subtlety.  My LCD-3s will be delivered in a matter of hours and it is on my short list of what to listen to first.  Turn this on, close your...
I would really love to hear your Woo with my new LCDs, if you don't mind bringing it.  :-)
I just did something stupid.  Assuming it's shipped quickly, I'll be bringing a pair of LCD-3 w/ Fazors.