Posts by KyPeN

YGPM
Update.  I received the cable from AKG courtesy of Frank Rodriguez, their customer service administrator, free of charge.  It took only 3 days from the initial e-mail exchange to have the cable in my hands in Seattle.  Last night, I was able to fix them completely, despite my horribly unsteady hand with a soldering iron.  I thought I would document it for anyone who wants to know.  I put a new thread on it in the DIY forum here.
My K701s were cutting in and out.  I received a cable from AKG and wanted to document the procedure to fix them in case anyone else runs into the same issue.  You need to be familiar with soldering and have a fairly steady hand to get into some small crevices. Make sure you read the whole thing before you get started.   Tools 1) Soldering iron (+ additional solder if you are bad like me) 2) SMALL (glasses size) philips (+) screwdriver 3) Some tape to make things...
I pinged AKG, which is owned by Harman/Kardon, and they are sending me a replacement cable.  They have no resources on their site on how to disassemble or do repairs, although they used to.  The tech told me, "No service documentation available.  Our techs learned on the job."  O.o   BUT, I did find the old documentation using the Way Back Machine:  http://web.archive.org/web/20091007192738/http://www.akg.com/mediendatenbank2/psfile/datei/58/k601_k701439d5815555d1.pdf
I have a pair of k701s that have been a workhorse for a couple years now.  Unfortunately, they seem to be losing a connection internally, as one (sometimes both) channel cuts out often unless I jiggle the cable at the connection point to the left headphone.  Has anyone performed any rewiring/repair work on this particular pair of cans?  Can someone provide maybe some photos of the process or a few things I should know?   Thanks!
I've had my RS-2 for years (#1005!).  Lately, the joint where the cable goes from each earphone to the single cable has been tearing and it's starting to affect the sound (cut in and out).  I love the sound of Grado phones and, while I've been eyeing the PS-500, I don't really want to spend the money.  However, now it looks like the repair for these is going to be about $75.  I'm wondering if it's better to just cut bait, sell these off, and upgrade.   So, my...
YGPM
Looking for one with the customizable digital filter jumper within the United States.  Paypal only.  Negotiable on price.
Quote: Originally Posted by yashicaman Poco. OSI (Office of Strategic Influence)
Quote: Originally Posted by wuwhere U2 2Pac