Posts by Golden Monkey

What kind of output does the CDP have? I'm guesing just RCA line outs? I've had JVC players in the past, and they were decent, but I've never liked any of the carousel transports...too noisy.
...although a bit overplayed in the 90's.
I'm still on the fence with this stuff...I want to try it out, but not sure if it'll make a big enough difference. Anyone else using it that has any advice? I'm thinking of ordering four sheets and a roll of the tape and using it like this: CDP: one sheet inside the top of the unit, and a smaller piece covering the digital circuitry. Surrounding the power supply. DIP: lining the inside, and a very small piece covering the clock. Surrounding the power...
Update on this...I spent a few hours last night listening to music, and I'm really impressed with the DIP. After listening to music in the car on the way home, I sat down and rolled through a bunch of CDs. Talk about "night and day"... Some highlights (HD650's w/ DIP in 96k output) - Patti Smith - Horses: This is the remastered version, and it sounded amazing. On the track "Land", there's several vocal tracks at once, and they fade in and out. Some are...
On the LD forum, in response to the question "Is this a fully discrete pure class A amp?" Sword-Yang states "This is a OP + transistor BUF amplifier, and not only Class A, is Class AB". Where do you get the info that it is Class D? Just curious.
Thanks for the update, lol.
Let's keep in mind the differences here...we're talking about two different things, "burn in" and "break in". Burn in is what happens to componentry, and would be the more controversial "is it real?" phenomenon of the two. The debate rages over if there is or isn't any effect over time to the sound of electronics and cabling - some swear that running current or signal through their bits and pieces for X amount of hours doesn't do anything, and some swear by it. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Palantiri7 ^^ I know what you mean. I had to do it the old-fashioned way: spend my money and hear for myself. Compared to my broken-in K701, the HD 600 sounded compressed, had brittle, sibilant highs, lacked low bass extension, and had a seemingly left ear/right ear/centre (of head) 'soundstage'. On the plus side, the midrange was great, and it possesses a hefty midbass to propel music along, although the bass seemed a tad slow...
Try HeadRoom.com (link to the left...) or Audioadvisor.com. They have them for like $25.