Posts by Golden Monkey

Quote: Originally Posted by bigshot Perhaps the biggest impact a DAC can have, but far from the biggest impact on sound from any kind of audio equipment. There are other things that are much more important. See ya Steve Correct, that's what I meant...the biggest impact a DAC can have.
I know the NSA offers discounts to their employees on Bose noise cancellers for travel useage...
The 2.5A is out of production, yes...the 2.5C and Zhaolu 3 are still being made, if I recall rocectly.
D'oh...didn't see the little "UPC" notation...got it! Thanks TDM!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sovkiller Most of the times the differences we hear while using different DACs are more due to the differences in the analog section, rather than the differences in the D to A conversion, mainly all DAC of the market nowdays are good enough to offer a very good performance for the majority of our ears... Agreed with these comments...the output stage of any DAC is going to have the biggest impact on the sound (of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by yale.reinstein ER4P are used by the CIA and FBI. I know things. To what end/purpose would they use the Ety's, surveillance monitors, maybe? Just curious...
Quote: Originally Posted by vcoheda i agree. and once you have proper amplification, the next step is to fine tune/improve the sound through an aftermarket cable. Agreed with both of you. Although you lost me as soon as I read "Beresford", lol...
A couple of comments: Regarding dimming displays on CDPs - my Denon player (no big whoop either way, but capable enough) has "pure direct" mode that turns off the display. Until recently, I have NEVER noticed a difference with it on or off. That is until yesterday, when I was listening to some extremely quiet music passages (although I have listened for differences before with similar music). The big difference was due to the Monarchy DIP (more on that in a moment). ...
Quote: Originally Posted by dookiex That's a very weird three sided coin you've got there HeadphoneAddict :P He has one of these:
Quote: Originally Posted by viscosity Wheres a good place to download some good pink noise files? been burning my AKG K701s with ma music but would like to try some static Burn-in wave files: white noise, pink noise, frequency sweep, channel mix