Posts by Steve Eddy

No, I mean the study of how we can subjectively perceive things that aren't physically there to be perceived is science.se
Well, psychoacoustics is science, no? se
Well, unless you're going to call them a liar, their experience is a fact, no? I know what you're saying, and that's where I draw the line as well. What I was getting at though is that as far as the listener themself is concerned, objective specs and measurements don't have any inherent universal meaning.se
I don't know, Liam. I think the only thing that has any real meaning to the listener is the subjective experience. You can't really experience a set of numbers or measurements. You can only experience the gestalt. A favorite quote of mine:The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed—Robert Pirsigse
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/triodewire/1.html se
Ha!se
Technically, anything that is not info is noise. se
"More is better" has been an effective marketing tool for many many years. Don't see that changing any time soon. se
Wouldn't be so bad if you could buy lossless. se
I don't know that hearing a difference between 24/192 and a 96kbps MP3 would be all that unique. Just pointing out that all he said was "MP3" without any qualification. se