or Connect

Posts by glitch39

I am intrigued by development in the DAC world and want to test some out. In the interest of my buy one/sell one policy, I am listing my newest acquisition:   Dual mono AK4495 DAC with dual transformers (one each for digital and analog stage) and XMOS U8 board.   This is the very latest Weiliang DAC. PERFECT condition in every way. Less than 20 hours with me, although it has been burned in for 48 hours before it shipped out.   Read the excerpt on...
I am intrigued by development in the DAC world and want to test some out. In the interest of my buy one/sell one policy, I am listing my classic source:   Krell 5.1 Home Theater Standard Processor   I have been using it for HT and also as source to feed my tube amp then out to my headphones.   MINT condition acoustically and physically.   Krell is not known for using small chassis so it will cost me a good bit to ship this. But then again, that's how this hobby...
WA2 is SE whereas WA22 is balanced.
Pics added.      
a great fully discrete analog output stage is a rarity among DACs nowadays. The Zapfilter also has a great shunt power supply. Another rarity in PSU's.
In very good condition. All standard packaging will ship with the headphones.   CONUS..
This DAC started life as a Zhaolu D2.5A which was around $200 back in the day.   I then purchased the Zapfilter II from LCAudio for $275. Zapfilter II is a well-reviewed analog output stage with discrete components providing both SE and balanced analog outputs. http://www.lcaudio.com/index.php?page=6     Additional mods installed:   separate PSUs for DAC and analog stage Switchcraft XLR and RCA connectors pulse transformer for coaxial input   original HP amp...
Sennheiser HD650 with newer white drivers. Stock SE cables plus custom balanced cable terminated with Neutrik connector.   Comes with inner and outer boxes. Overall great condition. Been in storage for the past few years. Will ship conus.   thanks.
Great gesture. A+++
nice read:  http://gizmodo.com/sennheisers-built-probably-the-worlds-best-headphones-b-1740236171   Sennheiser's Built Probably the World's Best Headphones—But They Cost $55,000