Posts by glitch39

This DAC started life as an "upgraded" D2.5A Zhaolu. I have compared 2.5A and 2.5C and preferred this version for its musicality. It was around $225 back then if recollection serves me right. From the DAC board, the Zhaolu provides balanced digital outs. I then purchased the zapfilter II from LCAudio for about $275. this is the newer version with upgraded power resistors on the PSU. Zapfilter II is an analog output stage with discrete components providing both SE and...
yes, these various chips have tremendously improved. there is no doubt about it.   however, for some reason, the older DACs sound more musical to me. warmer, less analytical, more analogue, etc......
my modified DAC, based on CS4398. Balanced and wonderful analog stage.     Highly Modded Zapfiltered balanced Zhaolu DAC
UP
UP
PRICE LOWERED
PRICE LOWERED
SOLD
I have one! See my sig. that zapfilter is one great analog stage.   Zhaolu is not so bad.... it's a well implemented design. still musical to my ears... even against newer players...   I find AK4399 and ES9018 analytical, not musical. YMMV, of course.          
For sale is a pair of grey glass RCA 6SN7GT from large tube collection. These are the smoked glass version from the late 40's with the plates partially but not entirely visible through the grey coating. They have a very sweet and laid back smooth, laid back sound, great for jazz and vocals.   $70 $60 shipped in conus.