Posts by GAT474

deleted post
deleted post
deleted post
I'm just wondering if any one is using or has used a Consonance (Opera Audio) Cyber 20 headphone amp? I couldn't resist temptation a couple of weeks ago and picked up one second hand from another Head Hifier in Australia. It came with another pair of tubes being a pair of JJ EL84's. I've paired it with a pair of Sennheiser 600's which also came in second hand but only open boxed and no use at all. My main system is comprised of a Primare I30 integrated, Legend...
I've been into hifi for some 30 years now but have only just decided to get into a nice headphone set up. My current hifi set up consists of an Opera Audio Droplet cd player which has a dual 6H30P tube output, a Primare I30 integrated amp, a pair of Australian Legend loudspeakers and a pair of Rythmik subs controlled by a Velodyne SMS. As you can see I have invested a bit of money into the system and carefully matched it all. The sound I currently have I would say is...
Any comments?
Anyone?
Just looking at different variations of the LITE DAC60 and found a couple from two compaines being DiyClub and Pacific Valve. Has anybody used these suppliers and what were your experiences?
Hi guys, I'm in the market for a dac at the moment. It's for hifi use and not necessarily for hifi. I will be feeding it with a CEC TL51X cd player (the transport with an internal dac). I have a couple of options in my price range being: Lavry DA10 at about $1100, maybe less City Pulse 7.2 at $700 Lavry DAC60 unmodded at $700 or dearer with mods. There's not a whole lot of choices in Aus but these seem to be a good range. The Benchmark is also there but a fair...