Posts by atwnsw

I also loved the untangled cords with the M2.  If the M2 had a Mic, I would simply buy another pair.  The other lines of Brainwavz reviews don't seem to be as consistent as the earlier model.   On a side note I have very small ears.   Generally I listen to classical, jazz, soft rock...........   Any input would be appreciated.   Thanks in advance.
The type of music that I listen to is generally a soft rock w/ some pop.  I generally like music like Sting, Rob Thomas, Gwen Stefani, Adele, etc....I liked the Ety but found the cables were flimsy.   I have been frozen in headlights with buyer's confusion for the last few weeks with and need to order a pair to replace my Ety ER-6i.    I would only be using these earphones with an ipod.  I have read that some of these require amps and equalizers.  Not an...
  Thanks for the replying to my post and appreciate the vote towards Ety MC5. I had never heard of the Headdirect Re0 but will definitely research them.   My price range is under $100   I don't care about noise isolation but prefer the size of earphones.   I wouldn't mind something that would allow you to sleep on your side without poking my ear drum....... (Low priority but curious)                
In general, it is easier to say what I don't like:  No jazz, classical, country or rap.   I tend to listen to soft rock or top 10 hits.    Trust me, my wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to music.   Hope I answered your question.   Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond to my post....    
While I have liked the sound of Etymotic, the build quality seems to be questionable.  I am obviously considering going back to them either with an identical pair or the newer MC-5.  The other consideration is Shure SE215 or Klipsch S4.   I am not an audiophile and the main time that I use earphones is to sleep at night.  So, I listen to more relaxing music like Sting, etc....The wild card consideration is that my wife may borrow these earphones and she is an...
So, thanks to everybody's input, I think that I have narrowed the field: 1) I like the A2 for $149 as the size is perfect but am concerned that because of the volume on the back of the speaker, it will be a pain to use. I would mount them on the back of my desk and have the volume up. This way I would use the computer to adjust the volume/mute on the speakers. The downside is that I am using the computer to control and they would always be on. Is this a legit...
Too big for my desk space..... Quote: Originally Posted by thomasshi how about this one? Welcome to Fostex USA
It is a custom built desk to fit my room, so that isn't an option...
Thanks for your feedback. AV-40 are too big for my space. The Audioengine A2 might barely fit but the volume control is on the back of the speaker. I am planning on mounting them so I wonder if that might be a problem. Is this a concern? I don't have room for the boomtube speaker/subwoofer. Please keep the ideas coming.
I have a small space customer built desk and I am looking for 2 computer speakers (no subwoofer) with decent sound in the $50-100 price range. What can you suggest? Thanks in advance.