Posts by ethan961

Follow the common sense rules and you'll be fine. If you've had any visible contact with the seller, mbriant will have contacted you, or at least he contacted me. This guy came across as a bit suspicious when I looked at his profile and previous posts, so just watch for anything that could be amiss and it'll be a bit obvious if it's this scammer.
The Atrio has the better bass, but the Turbine has better mids and highs. The Atrio has better build quality and a far better cable though. The Atrio is a good earphone, you likely won't be disappointed unless you're looking for balance. I found that the bass does not bleed into other frequencies, it is nice, low, and separated.
3 pairs of broken ESW9s? That must be expensive if warranty didn't cover them.
If you don't mind marshmallows again, they're decent, and there are mods you can do to improve them.
Yeah, the ESW10JPN will have some pretty good resale value given it is a limited edition can.
Quote: Originally Posted by fraseyboy A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR CHILE / PERU / ECUADOR / COLOMBIA / ANTARCTICA / PANAMA / COSTA RICA / NICARAGUA / PITCAIRN / HONDURAS / EL SALVADOR / GUATEMALA / FR. POLYNESIA / MEXICO / COOK ISLANDS / KIRIBATI / KERMADEC IS / NIUE / NEW ZEALAND / TONGA / AMERICAN SAMOA / SAMOA / JARVIS IS. / WALLIS-FUTUNA / TOKELAU / FIJI / AUSTRALIA / HAWAII / PALMYRA IS. / TUVALU / VANUATU / HOWLAND-BAKER / NEW CALEDONIA...
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyro I bought them out of curiousity more than anything. Actually I have found my perfect sound sig in W3 with "treble boost" which gives a sick amount of detail, flat midrange and a flat bass that still carries some weight behind it. Throw in a huge soundstage and virtually perfect ergonomics and there is nothing really more to ask for. And I find W2 right there behind it. So your EQ'd W3s beat the W2 now? I'm...
Yes, you may have reversed your polarity accidentally if you did the flip-flop mod. Guidostrunk has more details in a thread somewhere here, I'm surprised he didn't mention it above!
I haven't tried them myself so I can't comment on the sound. Do the flanges not fit or do you not like them? I didn't like them at first but when I found the correct insertion technique for my ears, I loved them and I wish I could use them on all my IEMs.
They look like the real thing, so they're probably set A from ClieOS' comparison picture. I didn't want to pay $14 after shipping for a kit, so I went with those for $5 shipped. Hopefully ClieOS wasn't just talking about the looks between set A and B, and that they actually do sound almost identical