Posts by N0sferatu

Just got my Fostex TH900 (zolkis modded) today off a member on this site.  Figured it'd be a good time to try and compare them to my other headphones and my theater room.  Before I continue I'll just say this, all of these are awesome at their price range at the end of the day you can't go wrong with any of these.     The players:   Headphones: Fostex TH-900 - partial Lawton tune up with new Dekoni pads and some other minor tweaks From what I've been told the modded...
 Yeah I run 10 to 12dB hot on all my headphones down low to wake them up.  You'd never think a Sennheiser HD600 can have bass but it'll match and outgun a stock TH900/D7000 in bass the way I have them set to run without it bleeding into the mids and highs.  Both TH900/D7000 running hot now it's no contest compared to the HD600 in the bass dept.  I run a Seaton Submersive HP+ in my theater room (google it) so I'm used to pressurizing bass and usually find most headphones...
Just got them going to give them a try.  From my 30 second jamming of them not as much bass as the D7000 in stock trim but way larger sound stage in mid range and highs.  He put on those Dekoni pads maybe that eliminates the bass a bit?  There's still a good amount but anyways I'll report back in the upcoming day or two with more listening.     EDIT: I take back the lack of bass I had my EQ off and I tend to run the sub 250Hz spectrum hot on all my headphones.  Welcome...
Original owner   Never modified   Ear pads, headband, and cups have age appropriate wear   Comes with original box   Does NOT come with the stand I used to photograph them with.   Non-smoker owner   Located in Tampa, FL
  Thanks.  They're the PL200 towers and PL350 center.  I got them used for basically what it would have cost new for the Golds.  In short...about 50% off new price.  Local sale.  Got all the original boxes, manuals, etc.  It was a long journey to getting them but they're are simply breathtaking.  My headphone hobby has been on hold until recently because I've been building out that theater (which is a bit more pricey than headphones lol).  The PL350C is a tank (see photo...
I have a fully stock Denon AH-D7000 with the original box.  If you're interested let me know.  I recognize this post was from a month and a half ago but figured I'll give you a bump.  Shoot me a PM.  
local Tampa guy....as long as I had a 2 month lead time and I can request the weekend off I would be interested.
My main rig is a gaming rig and multimedia server for the house.  It hosts all my media that is shared to three other desktop slaves (office, living room, master bedroom).     It's a movie theater and one heck of a racing simulator on a 150" screen.   Intel Core i7 NVIDIA GTX 1070        
As title states, is there any good software out there that will allow you to equalize the source material on a windows PC?   I've used something called ViPER Audio for my Android device but was looking for something similar that works great on a computer.  Any thoughts?
 I'm sure I will...just remember I'm coming from the old bass jamming fun ones Fostex used to make as a rebranded Denon.  I'm hoping for more of the same sound...just better.  I'm not expecting an "OMG" sound difference but hope to be pleasantly surprised.  I also jam trance/techno primarily so that's why these types of headphones sit in my collection (AH-D7000 and now the TH900).  If I want open/air-like sound I just throw on the HD600...which is phenomenal for the price...