Posts by N0sferatu

I guess you can consider this a "significant" purchase...   I put the deposit down on it and pick it up in another couple days.  I like my soundtrack as a V8.     2010 Corvette 6spd, 17,900mi, 3LT fully loaded with navigation      
  x2   Plus, if the thief plans on selling the equipment he'll probably wait quite a while for things to "cool down" before making a move on them.   Good luck but it's doubtful he'll get caught. :(
I've listened to both and I prefer the D7000.  The LCD-2 may be more technically superior but sonic enjoyment the D7000 makes it a better headphone IMO.
so under $200 USD, what's a good DAC/AMP to pick from here that I can use on my Nexus 7 (and laptop).  Has to be a DAC/AMP and able to be powered by a USB port (when used on a laptop).   Should be able to drive my headphones (see sig)   Thanks guys!
hope you enjoy the HD800...personally I don't.  The HD600 in the stable isn't a bad thing and I've grown to like them quite a bit.  Anyways good luck with that and let us know what you think.  IMO HD800>HD600 technically but sonically I prefer the HD600.
well if you stick around this thread I went HD595 --> D-7000 and to me it's no contest the D7000 are in a different league.  Never heard the D7100 but I've heard mixed reviews on them (esp. compared to the D7000).  I have since had my HD595 stolen by an evil ex-g/f few years back and upgraded those to the HD600 and all is good.  She knew damn well not to touch the Denon's lol.
...and trance and movie watching   Armin van Buuren + Denon AH-D7000 = bliss
D7000 won't be leaving my stable.  They're just too fun.  Never heard the He-500 but I have heard the HE-6 and those are a treat.  On the flip side, they are a total pain to amplify...heard them on a proper unit and it was a treat.  I then changed units and plugged it into my amp (Audio-GD FUN).  It played decent just not very loud.   Anyways, if I want a more "neutral / air sound" I just swap to my HD600.  Can't really beat them for used price and performance for...
  x2...when I travel I just plug them straight into my laptop and get probably 80% of the sound out of them   These things are easy to power but when at home I use an Audio-GD FUN (at the time cost around $400).  I don't think they make them anymore but you can find something similar for a good price.  I heard the NuForce ICON is pretty good too but my information may be dated as I stopped looking at stuff and just "enjoy the music" as someone else said.  I'm happy with...
long time ago in an LCD2/D7000 thread I remember being hotly debated it was generally agreed upon the LCD2 is more technically accurate but the D7000 is a more fun sound, more comfortable to wear, and better looking.  That's my thoughts as well having heard both headphones.