Posts by N0sferatu

if you like WinAMP (I used to be a purist since the beginning in the mid/late 90s) you may want to take a look at AIMP3.  Google it.  More matured WinAMP and has WASAPI output.
Currently I use AIMP3.   Used to be a WinAMP die hard since the late 90s.  Then I moved to foobar2k for a bit.  I missed the music app being a small portion of the desktop (whereas most applications today take up the entire screen).  AIMP3 has WASAPI output, sounds great to me, and looks as close to what WinAMP looked like.  
okay I read the thread, I agree with EQ to an extent.  It's great for subtle tweaks to bring out more things (or remove things) but if you have to heavily EQ a headphone to get the sound signature you're looking for it's probably not the best headphone.  I use most of my EQ to get more bass out of my headphones.  It's incredible how much bass you can get out of a pair of HD600 by running it around 10dB hot in the lower spectrum and maintain the lush mids and highs.  It...
I'll go back and read the comments in a minute and update my post if needed but to answer your question briefly...   NO   I used to live up north where jude lives so I've had the luxury of listening to a good number of the high end headphones.  Audzee, HiFiMan, Stax, Grado, Sennheiser, etc. etc. etc.     There's a sweet spot to all types of hobbies and a law of diminishing returns at some point.  The only two headphones I've heard that I don't own that I felt really...
 I got used to the Grado headphones back in the day but ultimately felt the lack of comfort was a huge compromise.  Those Dekoni are so comfortable and make the headphone look grand with the big pads.  From your listening experience, how did you find the sound changed going from the stock modded pads to the Dekoni pads you shipped them with?   I'll perhaps play with them later (the pads) when I'm more awake but as it stands now these things are EQ'ed to be bass thumpers....
 I watched the video.  The Dekoni pads seem to freely spin around I'm afraid I'm going to break something if I push harder and turn.  I took the stock ones (see photo) and put them next to my ear and with my ear size they're going to rest on my ears and likely be uncomfortable.  My first adventure into better headphones was with the Grado SR-80.  I just have a feeling putting those pads on the TH-900 will have the comfort level of a Grado headphone and that's not saying...
Fostex TH-900 (modded) Denon AH-D7000 (stock) Sennheiser HD600 (HD650 cable otherwise stock)   Audio-GD FUN (oldie but gets the job done)      
I've decided to join the club and purchase a used pair of Fostex TH-900.  They've been modified by the previous owner with the zolkis tweaks.  I believe it's a partial Lawton tune up with some other tweaks from what I've read.  They also have the Dekoni ear pads.     Great sounding headphone!  I made an extensive review of them yesterday against my other "Fostex" the Denon AH-D7000 and my other audio playback devices.  Give it at read....
He did but educate a noob how do you take them off and back on?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/834390/10-000-speaker-system-vs-modded-fostex-th900-vs-denon-ah-d7000-vs-sennheiser-hd600-detailed-review   Feel free to give it a read I gave a very detailed review of them against my speaker system and the other headphones in my arsenal.