Posts by N0sferatu

I just bought the Audio-GD FUN and I have about 60 hours on it.  Simply amazing as I'm jamming some Armin Van Burren though it on my HD 595's and I'm in heaven right now.  Tons of power I can go deaf with these low resistance cans.  Volume is barely up at 20% and it's at a point where many would consider it too loud (you can hear the cans clear as day off my head on the counter).   DAC is pretty impressive too!   I got mine though Pacific Valve here in the USA.
Ceja thanks for the input...too bad I saw it AFTER I bought my AMP/DAC but the good news...it was the Audio-GD FUN that I went with.    I couldn't agree with you more this AMP has so much power to push the cans it's insane.  Low gain at 50% volume is deafening loud (nevermind high gain).   I have a pretty good DAC in my computer (Auzentech X-Meridian) but the GD FUN is a bit better and detailed.  Details in bass is amazing on the HD595's now.    Next week I'm...
Got my Audio GD Fun (Version A with DIR9001, PCM2701 USB DAC, AD1852).  Fun little box I'm just letting it burn in now.  I'm running it with a pair of Sennheiser HD595 and Grado SR80.  So far I like it.  Sounds similar to my Onkyo's headphone out and a tad better than my analog output for my soundcard on my PC (Auzentech X-Meridian w/LM4562 OPAMP).    Right now I have Auzentech X-Meridian Coax --> Audio GD Fun --> Sennheiser HD 595.  I'm thinking a LA2000 "Lite" is...
Is that patch of glue removable without damaging the cup?  Would you do $450 shipped?  Let me know...   I'm trying to PM you but for some reason it's not going though.
I'm thinking about buying the GD FUN Version A with the AD1852, DIR9001 and FET output buffers.  Two questions...   1.) How will this sound with Grado SR80, Sennheiser HD595, and Denon AH-D7000?   2.) How easy is it to swap out OPAMPs on this thing?  I have some old LM4562NA sitting around in my old X-Meridian sound card I wouldn't mind plugging in.  Are they socket based or what?  I don't see it clear cut in the pictures...   Thanks!
bump...no input?  I'm sort of leaning towards the Audio GD Fun at the moment with AD1852 DIR9001 put in over stock...thoughts?
I've been searching the forums for the past hour and I'm really having a hard time deciding between these two.  Both are similarly priced ($400ish USD) and both offer the combo of USB soundcard with a DAC and AMP.  I'm reading that the DAC is better in the Nuforce but the AMP isn't the greatest.  Then I'm hearing the exact opposite with the FUN (great AMP...decent DAC).  Correct me if I'm wrong but the Icon can do 24bit/96Khz out the USB but the FUN cannot right?  Is...
if you get someone else to bite then by all means give it to them but if you're willing to negotiate down I'll take it off your hands. I'm patient and I know this can will go down in price again. I can get it new right now for $750 which is higher than what most paid for it and with $620+shipping+paypal I might as well just spend the extra $100 and know it's new and warrantied. So yea, good luck and if you want to negotiate lower I'll take it! They look nice but not...
Hey got pics I'm definitely interested!!! Plus I'm rather close (relatively) to you!
Quote: Originally Posted by ROBSCIX I didn't say it was written in stone. We are talking about low-mid and some high end units. There are some units that will have better quality depending on what card your using in comparison. Forte? I thought you were using a XM. Just for sake of conversation, this receiver your using now is new right? Your last receiver, had a DAC of lower quality then your XM...correct? You were using analog for best sound...