Posts by N0sferatu

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Logitech Z-2300   I've had the Klipsch way back in my college days and they were nice.  The Logitech Z-2300 I have on my study room PC just for kicks when I don't feel like using cans.  For the money they're not bad but nothing like a dedicated system would provide.
I haven't read everyone else's comments but I can say we listen to the same genre.  I do like my HD595's and that is both amped and uamped (obviously amped is better).  They sound great on their own but if you start listening to higher end cans (or a pair of Grados) you realize the mids can be a bit recessed.  Now that I haven't listened to anything else for a while the mids sound find on the 595's and I'm enjoying them quite a bit.
I got my girlfriend to listen to my Sennheiser HD595's and she was like..."Hey I can get into this"  LOL!  It's enough to splurge on one person but to have to support your significant other in electronics that can be a problem haha!   Couple of my buddies back in medical school when I first started getting into the headphones I had demo out my Grado SR-80s and they were shocked when I told them they cost under $100.  One actually went out and bought a pair. 
here's my computer rigs I have two HTPC (one living room and one bedroom).  I have a wired network to stream stuff to the bedroom.  Software is all via XBMC.  Content is all only HD content nothing else.  :)  I'm around 8 TB of storage.  :)   Enjoy!  :D   PC #1 - Living Room Core i5 with a Radeon HD 5000 series graphics card so I can bitstream all the loseless audio formats.  :)         Bedroom Build Intel Core i3   I just put this...
here's my computer rigs I have two HTPC (one living room and one bedroom).  I have a wired network to stream stuff to the bedroom.  Software is all via XBMC.  Content is all only HD content nothing else.  :)  I'm around 8 TB of storage.  :)   Enjoy!  :D   PC #1 - Living Room Core i5 with a Radeon HD 5000 series graphics card so I can bitstream all the loseless audio formats.  :)         Bedroom Build Intel Core i3   I just put this...
Okay guys I'm thinking of splurging on these bad boys.   http://www.lawtonaudio.com/page5.html   First and foremost I just got an Audio GD-FUN (Version A -- AD1852, DIR9001) and it seems it's got more than enough power for my HD595 (Sennheiser) cans right now so I'm sure it can power the Denon's, but does anyone have experience with this combo...is it a good fit for the Denon?   Secondly the sound signature I'm looking for is an open / Grado type of sound.  I...
  pretty much sums it up nicely.   I'm in heaven with my Audio-GD FUN Ver. A   I do agree the more you spend you start getting diminished returns but for $400 USD this thing is a freaking steal.  DAC/AMP + USB connectivity     EDIT:  I'll take that D2000 off you if you really don't like it / want it.  Next on my list is to get an LA2000 (further modding that unit out).
I just bought the Audio-GD FUN and I have about 60 hours on it.  Simply amazing as I'm jamming some Armin Van Burren though it on my HD 595's and I'm in heaven right now.  Tons of power I can go deaf with these low resistance cans.  Volume is barely up at 20% and it's at a point where many would consider it too loud (you can hear the cans clear as day off my head on the counter).   DAC is pretty impressive too!   I got mine though Pacific Valve here in the USA.
Ceja thanks for the input...too bad I saw it AFTER I bought my AMP/DAC but the good news...it was the Audio-GD FUN that I went with.    I couldn't agree with you more this AMP has so much power to push the cans it's insane.  Low gain at 50% volume is deafening loud (nevermind high gain).   I have a pretty good DAC in my computer (Auzentech X-Meridian) but the GD FUN is a bit better and detailed.  Details in bass is amazing on the HD595's now.    Next week I'm...
Got my Audio GD Fun (Version A with DIR9001, PCM2701 USB DAC, AD1852).  Fun little box I'm just letting it burn in now.  I'm running it with a pair of Sennheiser HD595 and Grado SR80.  So far I like it.  Sounds similar to my Onkyo's headphone out and a tad better than my analog output for my soundcard on my PC (Auzentech X-Meridian w/LM4562 OPAMP).    Right now I have Auzentech X-Meridian Coax --> Audio GD Fun --> Sennheiser HD 595.  I'm thinking a LA2000 "Lite" is...