Posts by N0sferatu

At the end of the day it's different strokes for different folks.  In general, it seems most of the community enjoys rare acoustical jazz over more mainstream tracks of various genres.  I'm more of an EDM and modern rock guy.   Either way, moving forward the HD600 is a gem.  
 I 100% recommend the HD600 over the HD650.  I've listened to both extensively.  I had a friend who owned a pair of HD650 with the D7000.  After I got the HD600 we both agreed it's a better sounding headphone.  The HD650 has a little more bass but at the end of the day that's what the D7000/TH900 are for.  The HD600 with some EQ has some impressive bass regardless.  For $200 roughly used it's a worth gamble to try.  If you don't like them, sell them for the same price you...
 That overall genre just puts me to sleep it's not the track.  If I want to listen to some exciting female vocals of a similar genre I'll listen to "Time to Say Goodbye" with Sarah Brightman (& Andrea Boccelli).  That's a powerful track.  The YouTube linked one is elevator music.
I recently had the opportunity to listen to the Ether Flow (not C or C Flow) at a local headphone meetup.  Awesome design and great sounding headphone.  I went back to trying out my HD600 and was shocked to see how close in sound the two were.  I used my own equipment and went back and forth between them the same tracks over various genres.  I'm by no means knocking the Ether Flow but given the price difference it's amazing that a 20+ year old headphone still can match the...
zolkis good read   I went to a local meetup this past weekend and got a chance to listen to some other headphones.  Most people loved the modded Fostex TH900.  They were blown away at how open they sounded for a closed headphone.  On counter-point I took a listen to Mr. Headphones Ether Flow (not the C or C Flow).  To my ears, it made me feel like the TH900 is not accurate in it's reproduction whatsoever.  The Ether Flow had a more realistic sounding instrumentation.  I...
 Exactly  agree thanks Bill.  BTW, didn't realize you had an HTC 10 as well.  I should have shown you all the neat tweaks I have to mine (it's rooted with Viper which works great for the cans).
 Fun times thanks for posting.  The Ether Flow sounded great.  Fun to A-->B them between my HD600 and then the Fostex unit.  I now have a new found love for my HD600 again.   EDIT: For those who asked here's what the modifications were specifically to the Fostex unit.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/763965/fostex-th900-mods/105#post_11888300 The previous owners thoughts of stock versus moddedhttp://www.head-fi.org/t/763965/fostex-th900-mods/120#post_11890802
 I'm with him except on the part of not "feeling in love with the D7000."  I owned my D7000 for years and loved them for the life of my ownership.  I jam a lot of EDM music and a friend of mine bought them way back in the day and I listened to them and my jaw hit the floor.  It caused me to go buy them at the time and enjoy them for many years.   I find the TH900 has a rather open sound for being a closed headphone.  Going back and forth to my HD600 (total open can) it's...
I disagree. Just buy the fostex, try both, and keep the one you like the most. I already gave you an idea via pm what the out of pocket will be at the end of the day.
 Never listed to a stock TH900 I couldn't tell you.  I had the D7000 for several years along with my DAC/AMP and the HD600.  I haven't touched my setup since 2010/2011 or so and got the itch last month to try something different.  Just look at how old/discontinued the Audio-GD FUN is it'll give you an idea how long I've been out of the headphone swapping game.   The Fostex/Denon aren't "night and day" different like the Sennheiser is to the Denon/Fostex headphones....