Posts by Joe Bloggs

Well, I'm afraid I have to keep my opinion to myself But I'll note that the X5 has featured an industry-leading 32bit floating point mp3 decoding section since firmware version 1.21 which has been acknowledged by leading critic Marlene to be able to sqeeze every drop of audio quality out of mp3s (did you even know that mp3s could have 32 bits of resolution?).So no, it should not be "easy" to discern between FLAC and mp3 on an X5, if only because the mp3 playback has also...
As far as I know, using an iPhone running iOS 7 with a Camera Connection Kit, the E18 works as a DAC.
I might be a bit late for this but...I think you can be dismissive about equal loudness curves because you don't actually EQ by tone sweeps (you EQ by music listening correct?)I actually EQ by tone sweeps and I do need to dial in my equal loudness curve before EQing any headphones.A simple illustration should suffice to show what's going on:From left to right: EQ I dialled in on a pair of earphones (in this case the Philips SHE3580), EQ I dialled in to compensate for the...
As far as I know what people do when measuring distortion is they drive the headphones to the same decibel level at the microphone for all frequencies, so a headphone that is, say, 10dB down at 30Hz compared to 1000Hz should be driven 10dB harder at 30Hz to reach the same SPL (e.g. 90dB) at the mic at 30Hz and 1kHz.This is evidenced by a common correlation between a response dip in the FR plot and a spike in the distortion plot for many headphones measured by e.g....
I am using stock westone cables on a UM CIEM so I should think the answer is yes Totally off topic plug for one of my CIEMs 128GB available with any X5 firmware, or the X3 for that matter.
The limitation is on the media library database (for which right now a database file has to be stored on the X5's small internal memory). There's never been any limitation on folder browsing and the limitation on the database should be lifted in a later firmware update as I have confirmed with engineers that it should be possible to move the database file to mSD card(s) inserted in the X5.
Final plan regarding souvenirs for X5 previewers! Once again, thanks to our tour members for spending the time and money on writing the tour reviews and shipping the X5 on the tour. X5 previewers are eligible for receiving one item from our accessory catalog (subject to availability). This includes any headphone cable, lineout cable or accessory listed on this page http://www.fiio.net/products/index.aspx which also includes accessories for the X3, X5 and the stacking...
Some change to the previewer guidelines with regard to shipping in the first page. Please send the X5 as a registered package but there is no need to insure it (as insuring at the full price of the X5 will lead to high customs charges and not insuring at the full price would defeat the point of insurance).
He told me he was put off by the garish visual style of the movie... but I think given that [[SPOILER]] the increasingly garish visuals are a subtle and then not-so-subtle tip to the watchers of what's going on...Anyway, I thought seeing [[SPOILER]] would be enough to keep any fan of the series glued to the screen...Watched 3 episodes of Gundam Unicorn with NLNHHave seriously NO IDEA what's going onGiven that I have to pause and rewind almost every anime every few minutes...
Just finished Madoka Rebellion... pretty awesome but a little confusing for a first watch. Looks like I'll have to do a lot of reading on it to understand everything