or Connect

Posts by Joe Bloggs

Great habit I say--keep it up. Looks awesome!
Yes audio is a personal experience, and that should include the option to be objective and not be laughed at for it. As far as I can see, belief in and against burn-in constituted an about even split in this thread until we started calling each other "myths".Call that my acknowledgement of the individuality of audio and intent to stand down from this argument on my end...
Handling has not been popularized as a canned measurement in car magazines, but the ways to tweak it are well documented and reproducible in terms of the stiffness, travel, etc. of the springs, dampers, the various types of suspensions (each offering a different level of independent movement of the wheels), how rigidly the suspension is coupled to the chassis itself, etc. You know the engineers have a grip on the parameters involved because they can reliably churn out...
"Objectivist" simply means that we accept evidence from objective, rigorously controlled tests. This by necessity means we do not accept "evidence" that do not fit these criteria, which does make us "skeptic" in comparison.The subjectivists make and sell most of the stuff in high-end audio, which is a different matter than "research". Audio "researchers" have postulated and proved the various illusory phenomena in audio decades ago, only to be collectively laughed out of...
The prestigious appearance of a Maserati is part and parcel of its value proposition, but metrics such as horsepower, 0-60 time, cornering G-force, etc. bear out its order-of-magnitude superiority over a (low-end) Honda.On the other hand, almost nobody (and certainly no fellow head-fiers) ever see my audio gear in person, and measurements of the gear I use vs gear that costs a house and a Maserati... nvm.The problem is simply that the sensation to be stimulated by audio...
Except as with many things in audio, the fact that somebody "experienced something first-hand" is no guarantee that that "something" actually exists...I have “personally experienced" many mythical audio phenomena--burn-in, drastic differences between source / amp components with no measurable difference, etc. but know better when there are solid non-mythical explanations for each phenomenon (e.g. variation in *your own hearing* on different days, psychological...
If it's a big honking driver with a front vent to let all the bass out, just tape the front vent
You have XLD. XLD itself supports splitting the flac files and re-encoding the resultant files again as lossless flacs. It would be a lot faster than doing it manually in Audacity. I don't have a Mac so haven't seen how to do it in the graphical user interface, but here's instructions to split using the command line: http://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html
[[SPOILER]] @Addyg, the ES9018S in the X7 is an 8 channel DAC. So in terms of redundancy for balanced operation etc. it actually has 8 channels in its one DAC for use compared to 4 channels in the two K2M DACs in the DP-X1.
Or proudly plebian thread? By the same reasoning one could link to an article from Science or a peer-reviewed academic journal and he could throw it out the same way?Besides @Baxide, what's to stop you from posting your comments on the article here? It's not like anyone here is able to challenge Meridian's assertions on their home ground in the first place?