Posts by oldson

no it was a motherboard bios update.some of the fixes listed on later bios versions, than the version i had, addressed usb issues.so far it is working ok. but then it could for months at a time before.what i have noticed though is everything seems faster on my pc, including start-up which is now just 45 seconds. 
considering one of these to replace my hiface2 and stagedac. just worried about the dreaded uk customs.
nice dac and nice room 
done a bios update so will be interesting to see if the issue disappears
what did you buy?
well after many months without an issue, the problem is now back.tried the latest luckit driver and it would not work at all. reinstalled the driver i had been using (for months with no issue) and that would not work at all either.downloaded the latest driver from m2tech which got my hiface2 working again, but the fault where it is not recognised on start-up is back.am i right in assuming that should i replace the hiface2 with the Waveio board, i may still have the same...
sorry just realised the 32 refers to the sabre chip!
i assume from the model number that this has the new 32bit usb module? its not mentioned on the spec sheet. cheers
chord do have another dac out now too. the quteHD-EX.   dxd capability.   i am hoping to trial one at home before year end.  but i doubt it will sound better with redbook material than my stagedac.   i played the same game some time back with the m2tech young (vs my Meier) on redbook i could not separate them and so returned the young.   this time i will be able to compare some 192/24 files, so maybe i will notice a difference this time around?
i understand one of the main gripes with the qutehd is the usb implementation. as the newer model the "qutehd-ex" has an improved usb input, would this mean a decent usb-spdif adapter would now not be required?