or Connect

Posts by Gu Sensei

Thanks! Very informative video. I have a question, will the ZX2 with the optional leather CKL-NWZX2 case fit into the dock or does the case need to be removed? Cheers!
I have been on the hunt for a high end, highly portable, comfortable IEM. I have moved from the IE800s (man, that cable) to the SE846s (mids a touch rough, treble clarity/sparkle a little lacking for my tastes). The W60's have consistently provided the best comfort and sound signature among the high end universal IEMs I have tried in store, but twice a tip was left in my ear canal during removal. I found the tips would slide off pretty easily with just a gentle tug. The...
@DrGonzo I just got rid of the IE800s after having them for about a week. I liked the overall sound signature and size/fit but found the cable noise extremely distracting. Even if I were laying down and sitting still, I could hear cable noise caused by the movement of my chest while breathing. Adding a clip helped a bit, but not nearly enough. I tried the over the ear suggestion, but it was tight around my neck and added to the problem of the cable already being too...
(Thanks for the follow-up messages, AnakChan and Marshal. They were helpful.)       Despite some remaining ambiguities, I decided to move forward with my order and followed the directions to the audiologist in Osaka that was recommended by e-earphone. If the guy who did my previous impressions at e-earphone works at this shop, he was not there today. I informed them that I was referred by e-earphone and was...
I am feeling a little late to this party...   but very, very pleased to have stumbled upon it! I just auditioned the MH335DW's at e-earphone in Osaka yesterday, and my socks were officially blown off. I need to go get some impressions done and then will put my order in. I have worked my through the last fifty pages of this thread or so but would like to confirm a few things with any non-Tokyo based Japan residents who could kindly chime in.   1. I am assuming the...
Yes!   After a few years of swapping open headphones in and out for my office use, I finally tried some powered speakers-- Focal CMS 40 powered speakers and haven't looked back. In terms of soundstage and comfort, they of course totally own any headphones that I had previously used. They sound fantastic overall but perhaps the lowest bass is lost. I need to keep the volume reasonable to not disturb colleagues next door but I do not miss any knocks on my office door now....
I had them on briefly at headphones shop in Tokyo yesterday. Used my Sony A17 and cycled through a few of my go-to tracks. The treble stuck out a bit and seemed a little peaky for my liking. Everything else sounded nice, reasonably balanced. For such a short listening period, there probably isn't too much value there.   However, I was mostly curious about the fit when I tried them on. Some AT cans I have owned (W1000, W11jpn, L3000) were amazingly comfortable, like my...
Cool. Thanks. I figured it out. I was trying to find the editing options at the album level, but I needed to go into the individual track to get the edit Music option to appear in the options list. In iTunes there is a grouping option for compilation albums that keeps all of the Artist field info intact but pulls the tracks out of the main by Artist listing and puts them in a Compilations category when listing by Artist. There is nothing quite so simple with this system. I...
I have a large selection of compilation albums-- (e.g., Hits of the 80's) and iTunes nicely groups them within a Compilations folder rather than dispersing them throughout the library by Artist. When I transferred that folder to the S1, that Compilations grouping was lost. The number of artists has now increased 5-fold at least. On the plus side, I am more aware of what was in those compilations, but so many of my 'Artists' just represent a single track or two. It makes it...