Posts by Gu Sensei

Totally missed this thread. Here is the official announcement of the TH500RP.   http://www.fostex.jp/news/437
Sorry if this is already old news:   http://www.fostex.jp/news/437       It will be at the Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival, May 10th & 11th, in stores in Japan in July.     Fujiya Blog      
Some brief, first impressions   I stumbled across these on a recent trip to Tokyo and spent about 20 minutes or so with them and my iPod in a somewhat noisy setting. Keeping in mind the conditions and the very limited exposure, I thought they sounded quite good- a very full-bodied sound, prominent bass, present but not peaky treble, and nice imaging. The bass seemed a bit tighter on the 2000s, but beyond that it was a little too difficult to discern clear...
I have been using the MA900s since they came out. I like them a lot and think they are an excellent value. I use them at my office where I need cans with minimal isolation in order to hear door knocks. I have cycled through a lot of different headphones for this role and until the MA900s, had settled on the F1s. I really like the F1s but feel the MA900s are a notch superior in terms of sound quality. They just sound cleaner- better focus and clarity. More present bass....
Ouch. It will hurt to miss this. Never mind the headphones, I would like to meet everyone on that list.   Alas, my home will be overrun with close to thirty 3rd grade witches, ghosts, and goblins. (Hmm... perhaps I can sneak out unnoticed.)   I hope you all have a nice meet and a great visit to Japan!   Greg
*SOLD*  
*SOLD*
*SALE PENDING*
I am putting up my Luxman P-1 for sale (100v Japan model). It is the finest solid state amp I have every encountered and has superbly driven every single pair of headphones I have tried with it. Stunning looks and sound with impeccable build quality.   I am the first owner of this particular unit. The amp operates perfectly and looks great but is not quite cosmetically flawless.  The one close up photo shows the most significant mark which amounts to about a 2mm...
*SOLD*