Posts by chzplz

Offers invited. Great amp with awesome upgrades.
I bought this amp from KevinR70 in January, put about 20 hrs on it, and now need to sell it to raise cash quick. I paid $1850 + shipping, which if you check around was a very good price considering the great tubes and upgraded umbilical. The amp and details are here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/515530/sold-zana-deux-amp-with-tube-and-cable-upgrades   I am asking what I paid - $1850 + shipping, but will consider all *reasonable* offers. NEW LOW LOW PRICE -...
ygpm
I've got some singlepower woes (who doesn't) - my SDS-T (T=tube rectified) done gone dead on me. I have a trusted tech, but I'm looking to expand my horizons for reasons I'd just assume not get into. Does anyone have experience with NOS Valves in Michigan? The tech (and I believe owner) is named Craig, don't know his last name. Feel free to post any positive/negative feedback here or by PM.His website is http://www.nosvalves.com/index4.htm   If you don't know this...
I'm sure there's an easy answer, probably already answered many times here, but I'm burnt on researching everything to death. So... can someone tell me whether/why I really care about the quality of a source (CDP, DVD-A, SACD) if I'm just going to take the digital out of it and stream it into my relatively new (and very first) DAC (Meier StageDac)? I'm having a hard time figuring out why there'd be any advantage of one player over another if all it's doing is sending a...
Bob Dylan- Highway 61
Also, not that I'm planning anything yet (I don't even have the da*n thing yet), are there tweaks that people have played with? Also, is the opamp rollable? Ira
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinto Does disabling the variable output shut the output down or does it become another fixed output? yeah- x2. Inquiring minds want to know (before their StageDac comes and then they have to figure it out for themselves, which is much harder than typing.) Thanks if you know Ira
Entry-level: 226 ----------- Alien (1) AOL Picollo DAC (1) Apogee Duet (4) Asus Essence STX (4) Audio-gd Compass (19) Audio-gd Compass - FUN (3) Bantam (1) Behringer DEQ2496 (2) Behringer SRC2496 (1) Beresford TC-7510 (2) Beresford TC-7520 (5) Beresford TC-7520 SE (Caiman) (3) Cambridge Audio DacMagic (20) Cambridge Audio Dacmagic2 (1) Creative Extigy (1) Creative Xmod (1) Devilsound DAC (1) Echo Gina 3G (1) Edirol UA-25 (1) EMU-0404 (8) EMU-1212m...
Quote: Originally Posted by webbie64 Congratulations. A very good purchase. 1. Allow time for burn in before really evaluating it IMHO. 2. Only then play with the various combinations. 3. No particular recommendations on where to start as what works for you will depend to a degree on your other equipment and your ears. However do try all the various options, over time, with a variety of tracks/genres, and not just the filter/oversampling combos....